Contribute
Register

Post Clover -> OpenCore Switch: USB Mapping looks weird, Kexts not removed etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo Thinkpad E570
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys!

I managed to switch my Laptop to OpenCore, in order get my Intel Wifi up and running. Everything seems to work fine, but there are a few things, which doesnt make sense to me.

At first, following the Clover Conversion Guide, I tried to get rid of all the Kexts in L/E and S/L/E via the "kextcache -i /" command. it shows me a ton of kexts, it looks like it removes it, but it doesnt. I´d go to Folders itself and delete them manually, but especially in S/L/E, im not sure what needs to be removed and what not.

Screenshot 2021-09-03 at 17.37.25.png

Screenshot 2021-09-03 at 17.41.11.png

The Second thing is:
When I try to identify my USB Ports via USBmap tool as described in the Dortania Guide, it only shows me 15 Ports, all of them XHCI. When i put the XHCI_unsupported.kext in my EFI Partition it shows 18.
But the Main Problem is, that when i put a USB 2.0 Stick in, it connects to the exact same Port as the USB 3.0 would.
It connects to the following Ports:
USB2.0 only Port on the right Hand side: HS03 (obviously also with a USB3 Stick)
Front Left Hand side: HS04 with USB2 (took a Mouse to Test)
Front Left Hand side: HS04 with USB3 Stick

Back Left Hand Side: HS02 with USB2
Back Left Hand Side: HS02 with USB3

HS06 is stated as BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport (why Broadcom, its an Intel Wifi / BT Chip?)
HS07 is stated as Integrated Camera

Thats all there is. I cant figure out why all the SS0x Ports are not triggered by the USB 3 Stick.Screenshot 2021-09-03 at 17.34.48.png

When using Clover I created a SSDT via Rehabmans Guide but i didnt put it in my EFI of course. Can there be some Junk of it somewhere in the System?

Any Advice to clean up my old mess is greatly appreciated. im pretty sure theres tons of nonsense in it, as this was my laptop i tried hackin :)

so thanks in advance,
ortofon

Hey Guys!

I managed to switch my Laptop to OpenCore, in order get my Intel Wifi up and running. Everything seems to work fine, but there are a few things, which doesnt make sense to me.

At first, following the Clover Conversion Guide, I tried to get rid of all the Kexts in L/E and S/L/E via the "kextcache -i /" command. it shows me a ton of kexts, it looks like it removes it, but it doesnt. I´d go to Folders itself and delete them manually, but especially in S/L/E, im not sure what needs to be removed and what not.

View attachment 528273

View attachment 528272

The Second thing is:
When I try to identify my USB Ports via USBmap tool as described in the Dortania Guide, it only shows me 15 Ports, all of them XHCI. When i put the XHCI_unsupported.kext in my EFI Partition it shows 18.
But the Main Problem is, that when i put a USB 2.0 Stick in, it connects to the exact same Port as the USB 3.0 would.
It connects to the following Ports:
USB2.0 only Port on the right Hand side: HS03 (obviously also with a USB3 Stick)
Front Left Hand side: HS04 with USB2 (took a Mouse to Test)
Front Left Hand side: HS04 with USB3 Stick

Back Left Hand Side: HS02 with USB2
Back Left Hand Side: HS02 with USB3

HS06 is stated as BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport (why Broadcom, its an Intel Wifi / BT Chip?)
HS07 is stated as Integrated Camera

Thats all there is. I cant figure out why all the SS0x Ports are not triggered by the USB 3 Stick.View attachment 528274

When using Clover I created a SSDT via Rehabmans Guide but i didnt put it in my EFI of course. Can there be some Junk of it somewhere in the System?

Any Advice to clean up my old mess is greatly appreciated. im pretty sure theres tons of nonsense in it, as this was my laptop i tried hackin :)

so thanks in advance,
ortofon
kextcache -i / does not delete kexts

navigate to the folder and remove the ones listed

kextcache -i / does not delete kexts

navigate to the folder and remove the ones listed
okay, i thought the following line would delete it, cause it says:
"Remove all Hack Kexts" followed by this code:
Code:
sudo -s
touch /Library/Extensions /System/Library/Extensions
kextcache -i /

so i will delete them manually.
Any ideas regarding the usb?

okay, i thought the following line would delete it, cause it says:
"Remove all Hack Kexts" followed by this code:
Code:
sudo -s
touch /Library/Extensions /System/Library/Extensions
kextcache -i /

so i will delete them manually.
Any ideas regarding the usb?
you have to manually delete those kexts and then run:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

also for some reason, you seemed to have patched your AppleHDA.kext which is an Apple system kext, AppleALC.kext will not work with that, you will need to re run the macOS installer to refresh the kext

also in terminal:
open /Syste/Library/Extensions

that will open the window for you to find those kexts and put them in your OC/Kexts folder

usb guide:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back