Contribute
Register

Possible fix for usb [Gigabyte]

Status
Not open for further replies.
so my system is running beautifully thanks to tonymacx86 and everyone from this forum... should I go run an upgrade the BIOS to F10 or just wait until it settle down? I'm pretty happy. Everything seems to be working... (touch wood)...

??

I thought that this thread died :)
but the developments are amazing
too bad they didn't implanted this on all P55 series
but I'm sure that in future bios releases we'll have this feature

lightx said:
so my system is running beautifully thanks to tonymacx86 and everyone from this forum... should I go run an upgrade the BIOS to F10 or just wait until it settle down? I'm pretty happy. Everything seems to be working... (touch wood)...

??

For sure wait til this all shakes out- we're still tinkering and fixing to make sure the new DSDTs work as well as the old ones. ;)

tonymacx86 said:
Maybe if we all do a bunch of testing on Windows/Linux/OS X we can demonstrate to Gigabyte that it's ok to make these fixes official. Could be that they're here already- waiting for us to test this mystery F9! :D

Ubunutu 9.04 64 bit.

USB2.0 kbd/hub+mouse and 1.1 USB memory direct connect to MB, and general OS works as far as I can tell with TT F9 UD2 BIOS.

But no way I could stay sane doing 4 weeks of Beta testing using Win or Linux extensively day to day; so I hope that "they" have the desire to do plenty of regression testing internally!

humph said:
But no way I could stay sane doing 4 weeks of Beta testing using Win or Linux extensively day to day; so I hope that "they" have the desire to do plenty of regression testing internally!

Dude- I'm with you on that one- never will I use Linux or Windows as my main OS again. I've not even tested too much- but everything seems to be great on the Mystery F9. Exactly what we need!

Here shremi, check out this thread for more Infos on the BIOS mythology:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2014

As far as I understand USB support is much better, no patches needed, for example sleep/wakeup with apple keyboard is supported out of the box. I flashed it but did not update to 10.6.3 yet. Still working on 10.6.2.

cheers

quad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back