Asrock H81 Pro BTC
CPU
i5-4440
Graphics
GTX 1070 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

This install would be my first try, I'm even unsure about the process, so it might be dumb question, but can't figure out where to start. My clover installer (unibeast) works, but during the installation (verbose) I got +++++ signs and reboot.
I havent modified anything yet as I dont know what to change:)
Does anyone has any idea where to start?

Thanks 30122720_10216081429134121_2065056616_o.jpg

Last edited:
This is all I could get from the installer... anyone?:)

Attachments

• 30069938_10216082217033818_1840658442_o.jpg
    30069938_10216082217033818_1840658442_o.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 117
I saw the same thing during my recent installation of 10.13.4 on an ASUS X299 iMacPro1,1 build. In my case, I had inadvertently hit the BIOS flash button on my MOBO while installing an NVMe drive, which rolled all my BIOS settings back to default. This obviously caused all sorts of problems, but my machine would freeze up every time right after all those + signs appeared during boot.

So my advice: Double check all your BIOS settings.

TIM

Thanks for the advice, I just relogged to the bios, triple-checked everything but found nothing:(
I'm going to test the same procedure, but now with el captain as it was working 6 months ago...

Thanks for the advice, I just relogged to the bios, triple-checked everything but found nothing:(
I'm going to test the same procedure, but now with el captain as it was working 6 months ago...
Try replacing VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

Thanks for the hint, here is what I have done:
- erased the 10.13
- unibeast install of el captain
- test - same error
- clover configuration to install the HFSPlus.efi and uninstalled the VBoxHfs-64.efi
- test - exactly the same error again in verbose mode

any other ideas? I'm starting to believe it must be something version-independent stuff as el captain and high sierra shouldnt fail with the same error, should it?

My setup beyond the CPU/mobo/GPU combo:
128GB ssd for windows 10
256GB ssd with 100GB as NTFS data partition, the other part is empty. It should be the home of the new macos. Might it be the root cause somehow?

Thanks

Thanks for the hint, here is what I have done:
- erased the 10.13
- unibeast install of el captain
- test - same error
- clover configuration to install the HFSPlus.efi and uninstalled the VBoxHfs-64.efi
- test - exactly the same error again in verbose mode

any other ideas? I'm starting to believe it must be something version-independent stuff as el captain and high sierra shouldnt fail with the same error, should it?

My setup beyond the CPU/mobo/GPU combo:
128GB ssd for windows 10
256GB ssd with 100GB as NTFS data partition, the other part is empty. It should be the home of the new macos. Might it be the root cause somehow?

Thanks
See Search for Row of plus signs.
The 'sticky' guides in the Multi Booting forum may help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back