Zotac GTX 670 AMP edition
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi everyone.. I have a problem which is annoying me.

I have a i7 3770K @ 4.2 Ghz running on a Z77X GA-UD5H
my GPU is a GTX 670 and I have a 120gb Corsair Force GT with system and applications along with a 2TB Western Digital with all my files and projects.

I have a sequence of mixed footage with various effects that will be used for visuals for a DJ performance. From this project, whenever I try to export material to H264 or Photo-Jpeg, even parts with no effects applied My system is only using around 33% of CPU while it should be pushing it to the max. I realize that when I export with sequence settings it once went to around 80% but thats it. Also sometimes it goes up to 80-90, speeding up the encoding, but then fall back to the 25-30 area.

Does this depend on various codecs? Like H264 being hard to encode? This doesn't sound right or practical to me.
Or what about my drive setup? I know it isn't optimized for video editing tasks and I should have at least one partition as my scratch disk but would this cause this much of a bottleneck?

Has anyone else had this? Please help because its frustrating and I don't have much time.. Thanks a lot :)

Hi first off you should use a separate drive for a scratch disc and not a partition and separate from your project files, here is my system rendering in premier with cpu usage maxed..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm8c_8x48y4 sorry but i don't know why yours isn't working properly.

(FIXED)Please help!!! Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder CS6 limited CPU usage

Hi and thanks for your interest.

My HDD has 348.13 GB space left on it which is less than I would like to leave. Also this disk is where I have everything except system files and video related applications. And no I do not yet have a sperate scratch drive but will get around to buying one soon. Can you tell me what your drive setup is like? My Geekbench is at around 15.000's which is leading me to think (and hope) that this is a drive related issue.. Thanks again!

Edit: Turns out my media drive was connected to a Sata 3gb/s port.. duh!! I'd never considered it since they assembled the machine at the vendor I bought the components from.. But didn't occur to me they would actually connect drives without looking at the manual. Anyways thanks again :)

Hi there, I have an i7 3770k and your same Motherboard. Installed Premiere cs6 and tested rendering in h.264....

SAME PROBLEME, first time ( actually more than once ) my CPU was running at 100% super fast!, than after two days is now running at 20\30% as you!

Very strange! The only reason of this happening I think depends on the fact that I used Multi beast to set the resolution automatically on 1080p..

I dont have GPU at the moment so I wanted to set the max resolution using that option in Multi beast .

I just sow your post about the Disk.... and now that I'm thinking probably CS6 went Slow since I selected My HDD as Scratch Disk...
So is the problem fixed for you? was it just the 3Gb sata problem?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back