Contribute
Register

Please help me booting my mavericks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mistake is step #3. Create as HFS+J, then format in Windows as exFAT.

Note: You should be aware that OS X implementation of exFAT is notoriously buggy.

how is that possible cause windows is not even recognising HFS+J , am thinking of format the Storage partition to NTFS and use software like Tuxera NTFS to deal with it in mac , Do you recommend this ?!

how is that possible cause windows is not even recognising HFS+J ,

Windows can read HFS+J only with the HFS+ drivers from BootCamp.

am thinking of format the Storage partition to NTFS and use software like Tuxera NTFS to deal with it in mac , Do you recommend this ?!

No. Best way to share files between OS X/Windows is to use a file server and/or cloud.

Windows can read HFS+J only with the HFS+ drivers from BootCamp.

No. Best way to share files between OS X/Windows is to use a file server and/or cloud.

Would it be a problem if I formatted my Storage partition from ExFat to NTFS and use some third party to deal with it in OS X , would that make kind of hybrid scheme or so ?!

Would it be a problem if I formatted my Storage partition from ExFat to NTFS and use some third party to deal with it in OS X , would that make kind of hybrid scheme or so ?!

If you create any Windows partitions in Disk Utility, you'll end up with a hybrid MBR/GPT...

If you create any Windows partitions in Disk Utility, you'll end up with a hybrid MBR/GPT...

When I was partitioning the whole drive firstly from disk utility before installing any OS , I did this
1 - Mac = HFS+J
2 - Windows = HFS+J
3- Storage = ExFat
Is that mean I have now hybrid MBR/GPT , and I need to reformat the whole drive and start from the beginning ?!

Edit : how to check if I have Hybrid MBR/GPT in OS X or windows ?!

When I was partitioning the whole drive firstly from disk utility before installing any OS , I did this
1 - Mac = HFS+J
2 - Windows = HFS+J
3- Storage = ExFat
Is that mean I have now hybrid MBR/GPT , and I need to reformat the whole drive and start from the beginning ?!

Edit : how to check if I have Hybrid MBR/GPT in OS X or windows ?!

#3 is your mistake. You should create Windows partitions in Windows itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back