i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to add a 4TB SSD.

Micron's P3 model, which is available at a reasonable price, is a QLC type DRAM LESS model.

After searching diligently, I found that brands called HiKSEMI and LEXAR had a DRAM LESS model with a TLC type 4TB capacity at a reasonable price. The problem was that it was not a controller like Python or Silicon Motion, but a controller called MAP1602a from a company called MAXIO. The SSD of the brand LEXAR is also using the same controller.

Is there any precedent for Hackintosh to be compatible with another brand's SSD that uses the controller or the company's controller?
(If the company of the controller is compatible, I wonder if compatibility is possible independently of the SSD brand.)

No matter how much I search the forums, I can't find any issues, perhaps because the SSDs in question were released not long ago. As always mentioned in the Open Core guide and other communities, if you avoid some Hynix models and Samsung Pm98x series, will it be possible to use it in most cases? ㅠ

Also, I plan to use the SSD 4TB to set virtual instrument paths (read) and to save (write) templates during logic recording, but for this purpose, it would be better to give up QLC... right? ㅠ

We look forward to your precious answers from experts!!

Back