Graphics
Intel Integrated
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone. Just to warn you, i am a total noob and need your advice/help. :)

So, I have an HP ProBook 4530s. It has the i3 CPU, integrated Intel graphics, and the Atheros wifi card.

I currently dual boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu 12.04. I personally do not like Windows, but I have it because the version of Photoshop that I use will not work under Linux using wine type programs, and neither will iTunes (which I have to have to backup/sync ipod Touch). I do have MS Office running flawlessly in Ubuntu, which I need for school.I would love to maybe get OSX working to the point I could pretty much replace Linux and Windows... which leads me to my questions...

1) What is the level of difficulty in installing and setting up?
2) What could I expect as far as stability and performance?
3) Ubuntu boots up and shuts down in 25-30 seconds. Windows 7 is about a minute and a half. So could I expect speeds in that range? Or what about during general use?

I have been reading several sites about "hackintosh"ing, and it seems interesting and possibly worth while. But I have seen so many different things about it, which is why I am asking so I can kinda clarify what's required. So in the end, I guess the biggest question is: Is this just something fun to do because it can be done, or is this a viable and stable setup that will function for both school and general use?

Thanks for your help!!!

There is a specific sub-forum for ProBook. You will find most of your answers there.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/

As for speed wise, you can swap your HDD with SSD and use the swapped HDD inside the DVD Caddy for space expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back