Mac
  1. Mac mini
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm a pro-am photographer and I needed a robust machine like a Mac Pro (minus the expense) to post process digital photos, compile HDR, and edit video footage. So I currently run a full Hackintosh (in my profile) as well as a Hackbook (Acer Aspire One) for field work. I'm really quite pleased with the performance and have had 0 issues thus far.

Both machines allow me to run Photoshop, Lightroom, and all the Canon utilities for my two rigs. I have less than $2000 invested in both machines and being able to run everything natively is a bonus. The money I saved not going with Apple hardware went back into lenses and other gear.

Just my two cents but I thought I would share my experience.

Yeah- Hackintoshing makes a whole world of sense for Photographers- those lenses can really add up!

And your setup seems optimal. An expandable mid-range desktop with a netbook for the road. A combo like that doesn't exist in AppleLand.

Thanks for sharing!

i'm a freelance photographer, i found that apple calibrate system is better than windows os. even i didn't use spyder 3 software and hardware to calibrate, apparently mac osx is better to view and enhanced photo. with or without same software on windows. the important thing for me is only how better picture color can be seen , how detail picture can we see. typically, for windows os machine, graphics data color more "cooler" and in mac osx is more "warm" agree, even using pc with mac osx installed could bring convenient way in photo editing, and yes save a lot of money. again, tonymacx86 make us easier ... even still not 100 percent, but worth it .

Absolutely, I'm a freelance photographer as well and bought this Hackintosh for a project I'm working on at the moment. Really, really, really pleased I did it this way. Everything running really well, except for that little brush size bug, but that lies on Apple's side anyway. Plus, it's fun :D

bragur said:
Absolutely, I'm a freelance photographer as well and bought this Hackintosh for a project I'm working on at the moment. Really, really, really pleased I did it this way. Everything running really well, except for that little brush size bug, but that lies on Apple's side anyway. Plus, it's fun :D
that brush size bug is not only happened on mac. it's also happened even on windows.. it's good if you always auto update photoshop because adobe has growth so fast, especially on update features. sometimes i also getting tired because many updates on photoshop... :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back