Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
For intense audio work (I'm a music producer), one must install a PCIe sound card that sends data over ADAT (optical). Today's inexpensive USB and firewire audio interfaces will only take you so far before latency issues become prohibitive.

I would LOVE to use this card:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/HDSPeRayDAT
(RME HDSPe RayDAT)

Does anyone have advice for getting PCIe sound cards to work in hackintosh? Or better yet, experience?
Doesn't have to be that card specifically, or even a card in that weight class... any experience with PCIe cards would be helpful!!

Mods just moved this to the music forum and I've now learned more by browsing this section... I see this card listed on the "confirmed audio interfaces" thread so I know it should theoretically work, but I'd still love to get some specific advice/testimonials before I spend the $950...

It should work. Email RME support to find a compliant Intel CPU motherboard that is also listed here and you should be good to go. I would go full ATX if you can so you have more options to find the best slot to put in. That is what I would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back