Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I want to buy a upgrade for my computer. I doubt between this motherboards:
Asus P7H55-M 
 Gigabyte GA H55 S2
Asrock H55M

I buy a Intel core i3. My videocard is a Ati radeon HD5770 Sapphire 512MB. I have a sata dvd drive and i IDE harddisk. I could replace that one. Witch one is recommended???

Thomth said:
I want to buy a upgrade for my computer. I doubt between this motherboards:
Asus P7H55-M 
 Gigabyte GA H55 S2
Asrock H55M

I buy a Intel core i3. My videocard is a Ati radeon HD5770 Sapphire 512MB. I have a sata dvd drive and i IDE harddisk. I could replace that one. Witch one is recommended???

Any SATA hard drive will work buy whatever one you can afford and the only motherboard you list that has a pre-made DSDT.aml for it in the database is the Gigabyte so go with that one.

Which brand of DVD drive do you have? Some brands can cause problems. The Sony drives are fine.

I have a LG drive. The pricerange of the motherboards are the same. All what matters is a easy install of Mac OSX.

Thomth said:
I have a LG drive. The pricerange of the motherboards are the same. All what matters is a easy install of Mac OSX.

That would be one of the brands that can cause the problems in addition to the Sony already mentioned Pioneer has always worked well for me if you can afford it you may want to consider one of them brands.

But can i make it work?
I buy the Gigabyte GA H55M S2 + Intel Core i3+2GB DDr3 Ram+ Ati Radeon HD5770.
I will see or i buy a Sony DVD.

Is it possible to make a bootable iBoot USB Pen? I have restored a retail DVD with trancmac to a harddrive. If I make a bootable USB Pen, i can de connect the DVD drive, so I dont have the problem with the LG DVD drive

Thomth said:
But can i make it work? I buy the Gigabyte GA H55M S2 + Intel Core i3+2GB DDr3 Ram+ Ati Radeon HD5770. I will see or i buy a Sony DVD. Is it possible to make a bootable iBoot USB Pen? I have restored a retail DVD with trancmac. If I make a bootable USB Pen, i can de connect the DVD drive, so I dont have the problem with LG

It is not guaranteed to cause problems and mainly the problems I have seen are it breaking the sleep so give it a try if you run into problems you can always replace later.

okay I will order the parts monday. Can i boot with iboot? After the boot, i install Mac, then i need to reboot with iboot. After the reboot i need to run multibeast. How does DSDT work?

What do you think of my configuration, how big is the chance that i can install Mac OSX quite easy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back