Register

Password Recovery

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 760
I built an old Hackintosh in 2014 that is still running Maverick. It has been flawless until about 2017 when I put it away until now. I am at the point where I need to start it back up and use the desktop again, but I cannot remember my password for the life of me. None of the default password reset methods work on a Hackintosh from what I can tell. Is there a way to add on a recovery disk to boot to after the initial kernel fires up and loads or should I just find a way to wipe this desktop and start over again?

I built an old Hackintosh in 2014 that is still running Maverick. It has been flawless until about 2017 when I put it away until now. I am at the point where I need to start it back up and use the desktop again, but I cannot remember my password for the life of me. None of the default password reset methods work on a Hackintosh from what I can tell. Is there a way to add on a recovery disk to boot to after the initial kernel fires up and loads or should I just find a way to wipe this desktop and start over again?
boot into recovery, open terminal and enter in:
Code:
resetpassword
and press enter

Back