Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm running a 2500k with an Asus P8P67 and a radeon 6850 on 10.7 that has been stable for a year now but has just recently been giving me a redlight memOK, as such i took out one stick of ram and after lots of fiddling and resetting the cmos numerous times it has decided to boot again but only with one stick in one specific slot, i'm not sure if it the ram or the motherboard and am not sure how to troubleshoot the issue, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm running a 2500k with an Asus P8P67 and a radeon 6850 on 10.7 that has been stable for a year now but has just recently been giving me a redlight memOK, as such i took out one stick of ram and after lots of fiddling and resetting the cmos numerous times it has decided to boot again but only with one stick in one specific slot, i'm not sure if it the ram or the motherboard and am not sure how to troubleshoot the issue, any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I were having the experience that you describe, I would swap out the motherboard (I have a few laying around). In my experience if memory goes the first 24 hours and is good, it will out last the PSU which is the most likely to fail item in most PCs (again from my experience).

So don't rule out bad voltages. You may want to purchase a PSU tester ($20 to $30 US).

Not much help. Good luck,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back