XFX 7600 GT 256M PCI-E
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Tony,
You have a great site here, Tony, and good tools to package.

Have you considered opening up the tools to allow them to be used with other motherboards?

I suppose you'd need to create forums per motherboard, move specific p55 stuff to a subdirectory, and use a public contribution method?

Thanks, M.

The boot CD may or may not work on other hardware, it's not that specific and we've had some users that's used it to install on Core 2 systems, but there's no guarantee it'll work. There are of course no DSDT files for those type of boards, so you'd have to make your own.

The newest tonymacx86-iBoot supports pretty much any Intel processor. I've not had extensive testing beyond P55 boards, but I've used it on a Pentium 4 myself and it's worked. Also confirmed for Core2Duo and CoreDuo by a friend of mine.

Unlike the tonymacx86-P55BootCD, it doesn't contain any DSDT file, so it doesn't really matter what mainboard you use. Try it and see- I'd appreciate the testing.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=401 :mrgreen:

Thanks Tony.

Would it matter that the P35 (with which I use a Q6600) is LGA775 Socket based rather than core i5/i7?

Also, do you package the VoodooHDA or is there some other way that sound is likely to work?

Thanks,
M.

MultiBeast has VoodooHDA, but it's possible to edit your DSDT with HDEF mods- if you're on the latest bios, post your DSDT here if you can get a working install.

Should I select EasyBeast 10.6.0 and EasyBeast 10.6.2?

I am running 10.6.2.

The P35C-DS3R doesn't need any DSDT.aml file to boot, just to get sound, sleep and networking functioning.

Thanks,
M.

10.6.2 if you're running 10.6.2 ;)

The DSDT file isn't just so you can boot, it's also to reduce the amount of kexts you need, but sure, loads of boards work ok without it.

:) I asked because 10.6.0 was 11mb but 10.6.2 was ~2mb

I ended up installing without ticking either. As I figure EasyBeast just a way of pre-selecting settings. If that is true, perhaps it should be the first entry in the list?

Thanks,
M.

EasyBeast 10.6 has the patched 10.0.0 kernel. If you have a Core i5/i7, you'll not need a kernel update, because you can use the default 'vanilla' 10.2.0 kernel. So therefore EasyBeast 10.6.2 it's about 8mb smailler. ;)

EasyBeast 10.6.2 Unsupported, however is about the same size, because it includes the 10.2.0 patched kernel. :ugeek: :ugeek:

The EasyBeast is a quick and dirty way to get generic machines up and running and it's a bunch of pre-selected files that makes it easier. 10.6 is bigger because you need a patched kernel to make the Core i processors work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back