Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro - Flashed
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Has anyone else had problems getting their computer to boot if they have an OSXWifi card installed and another USB device plugged in on boot? My computer will boot with either installed but not both and am not sure the best way to isolate the conflict or solution.

Regards, A

Has anyone else had problems getting their computer to boot if they have an OSXWifi card installed and another USB device plugged in on boot? My computer will boot with either installed but not both and am not sure the best way to isolate the conflict or solution.

Regards, A

A PCIe card and a USB device should not have any conflicts that I know of. Try installing the Wifi card in a different slot on the motherboard if possible.

I have the OSXWiFi card and A WD USB 3.0 My Book both plugged in at boot with no problem. Are both ports in use connected to the same header on motherboard? Are you using port limit patch or custom SSDT?

I am using the port limit patch. I don't know how to tell whether the devices plugged into the back of the motherboard are driven off of the same header on the motherboard, but I have also tried connecting it to the USB3 header via a converter cable and have the same problem more or less.

I am using the port limit patch. I don't know how to tell whether the devices plugged into the back of the motherboard are driven off of the same header on the motherboard, but I have also tried connecting it to the USB3 header via a converter cable and have the same problem more or less.

I don't use the port limit patch, read it has issues and should not be used long time. I made custom SSDT-USB and do not experience any USB issues. This is the post I used to make my SSDT.

Last edited:
I deleted it using clover configurer. you can also just disable it there for testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back