Motherboard
MSI Z77A-GD65
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 670
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello there. For quite some time, I have been thinking of installing back the OSx on Desktop hardware. The first and last time I did it was a few years ago. I am into operating systems and tweaking things on PC, so I think it would be no problem for me. Right now I have a PC and a laptop and I'm thinking of installing OSx to Desktop PC. It's an older PC, but it works amazingly. I got it from a friend. So the specs are:

CPU
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology

RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Type DDR3
Size 8192 MBytes
Channels # Dual
DRAM Frequency 666.5 MHz
CAS# Latency (CL) 9 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) 9 clocks
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 9 clocks
Cycle Time (tRAS) 24 clocks
Command Rate (CR) 1T
Motherboard
MSI Z77A-GD65 (MS-7751) (SOCKET 0)
Graphics
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Storage
119GB SAMSUNG SSD 830 Series (SATA (SSD))
1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EARX-00PASB0 (SATA )

Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS90
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

RAM is 1600MHz.

So, if someone can help me and if someone have experience on this or similar hardware, my question is which OSx will run the best on this hardware? I will use it mainly for Premiere Pro, After Effects (just simple camera animation nothing much more of that, works great in Windows). So can someone please help me to determine the best version and most easiest version of OSx to install on this hardware? I will try dual booting from SSD, if I don't manage to instal dual boot,I will put another SSD inside. Thank you very much!
I forgot to say that I have some peripherals also:
Bluetooth (not sure the brand, but I don't care if it works or not)
Wifi: TP-link Archer T2U Ac600 USB wifi - very important

Again, thank you very much!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 35
Hello there. For quite some time, I have been thinking of installing back the OSx on Desktop hardware. The first and last time I did it was a few years ago. I am into operating systems and tweaking things on PC, so I think it would be no problem for me. Right now I have a PC and a laptop and I'm thinking of installing OSx to Desktop PC. It's an older PC, but it works amazingly. I got it from a friend. So the specs are:

CPU
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 3.50GHz
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology

RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Type DDR3
Size 8192 MBytes
Channels # Dual
DRAM Frequency 666.5 MHz
CAS# Latency (CL) 9 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) 9 clocks
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 9 clocks
Cycle Time (tRAS) 24 clocks
Command Rate (CR) 1T
Motherboard
MSI Z77A-GD65 (MS-7751) (SOCKET 0)
Graphics
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Storage
119GB SAMSUNG SSD 830 Series (SATA (SSD))
1863GB Western Digital WDC WD20EARX-00PASB0 (SATA )

Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NS90
Audio
High Definition Audio Device

RAM is 1600MHz.

So, if someone can help me and if someone have experience on this or similar hardware, my question is which OSx will run the best on this hardware? I will use it mainly for Premiere Pro, After Effects (just simple camera animation nothing much more of that, works great in Windows). So can someone please help me to determine the best version and most easiest version of OSx to install on this hardware? I will try dual booting from SSD, if I don't manage to instal dual boot,I will put another SSD inside. Thank you very much!
I forgot to say that I have some peripherals also:
Bluetooth (not sure the brand, but I don't care if it works or not)
Wifi: TP-link Archer T2U Ac600 USB wifi - very important

Again, thank you very much!
sorry, read your video card wrong!

sorry, read your video card wrong!

Thanks! Can you suggest me the best version of OSx to install? To try with the older one?

Thanks! Can you suggest me the best version of OSx to install? To try with the older one?
depends on what version of your Adobe suite you want to run as well, as newer programs won't work on older OS

and newer OS has dropped all support for nvidia cards:

I will try few version. I tried running the latest versions on Windows, and I don't have a problem, except I will not receive any updates ( I will not be able to use newer versions, because of an old GPU), that's where my second PC comes up. I will try that myself. But which one do suggest, Catalina or lower?

I will try few version. I tried running the latest versions on Windows, and I don't have a problem, except I will not receive any updates ( I will not be able to use newer versions, because of an old GPU), that's where my second PC comes up. I will try that myself. But which one do suggest, Catalina or lower?
Catalina would be a good choice to test

Factors that maximize success for newbies:

1) Keep it simple: Use hardware that is known to work ("golden builds").
2) Access to an existing Mac
3) Reading the Dortania Guide
4) Terminal / Command line skills

I suspect that too many newbies do not realize that installation is 10X-100X more complicated than Windows / Ubuntu. Do not fall into the trap of trying to use free hardware that is not compatible. If your GPU, CPU, Wifi, is not listed in Dortania, then do not waste your time on it.

Back