Contribute
Register

OS X on HDD, Win7 on the SSD, booting from a flash drive and multibeast seems not to be able to enab

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I was able install Mavericks successfully using Unibeast but when I decided to actually make it permanent using MultiBeast I was not able get Chimera as my primary bootloader. I am booting from the flashdrive Unibeast created.

So, I had Win7 on my primary drive, which is an SSD and I have my old HDD installed in the place of the optical drive using a HDD caddy. Both of the drives are SATA and Mavericks is installed on a MBR partition on the HDD. I have another NTFS partition on the same drive.

When I tried MultiBeast, I selected the drive where Mavericks lives and it said that everything is OK but the Extra folder seems to have only Themes folder in it and the bootloader is not working.

Any ideas?

Hi, I was able install Mavericks successfully using Unibeast but when I decided to actually make it permanent using MultiBeast I was not able get Chimera as my primary bootloader. I am booting from the flashdrive Unibeast created.

So, I had Win7 on my primary drive, which is an SSD and I have my old HDD installed in the place of the optical drive using a HDD caddy. Both of the drives are SATA and Mavericks is installed on a MBR partition on the HDD. I have another NTFS partition on the same drive.

When I tried MultiBeast, I selected the drive where Mavericks lives and it said that everything is OK but the Extra folder seems to have only Themes folder in it and the bootloader is not working.

Any ideas?
Hardware? From the description it must be a Laptop of some kind. If so, you should post in the Laptop Forum.

So how did you manage to get Mavericks on an MBR partition table HDD? It usually will not install with UniBeast unless the HDD is formatted GUID partition tables.

What did you select in MultiBeast?

Thanks and Yes, it is a laptop. I posted it here because my specific problems seems to be unrelated to the type of my hardware. It's lenovo b560 laptop with i3 380m processor, 6GB RAM and dual graphic cards with Nvidia Optimus technology and two drives, one SSD and one HDD - both SATA.

I installed it on MBR partition using the Unibeast MBR patch. I partitioned and formatted the drive using paragon partition manager in Windows. I have 1(+1 system,100mb) NTFS partition ion the SSD where my Windows 7 lives and I have HFS+ and NTFS on the HDD where Mavericks is installed.

On MultiBeast I selected only Chimera 2.2.1 with basic boot options && CPU States. I will probably replace the plist with the one on my flashdrive anyway.

Thanks and Yes, it is a laptop. I posted it here because my specific problems seems to be unrelated to the type of my hardware. It's lenovo b560 laptop with i3 380m processor, 6GB RAM and dual graphic cards with Nvidia Optimus technology and two drives, one SSD and one HDD - both SATA.

I installed it on MBR partition using the Unibeast MBR patch. I partitioned and formatted the drive using paragon partition manager in Windows. I have 1(+1 system,100mb) NTFS partition ion the SSD where my Windows 7 lives and I have HFS+ and NTFS on the HDD where Mavericks is installed.

On MultiBeast I selected only Chimera 2.2.1 with basic boot options && CPU States. I will probably replace the plist with the one on my flashdrive anyway.

Did you also select fakesmc? If you select no other kext, this is a must have to be able to boot from the OS X partition.

I downloaded and installed FakeSMC by myself

Suggest you post in the Laptop forum for problems with Chimera/laptop not booting then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back