Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 6000 1536 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
At the bottom of the page Create Bootable USB two options are given. What are these for and are they necessary?

Cheers, Matt.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 10.12.22.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 10.12.22.png
    82.1 KB · Views: 123
If you want to create a bootable USB then you must install a boot loader.
Option 1 is to install the OpenCore boot loader.
Option 2 is to install the Clover boot loader.

I created one using the command (found further up the page):

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Monterey\ beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Monterey\ beta.app --nointeraction

And it booted and installed on a MacBook Air. I ended up with a useable Monterey Beta system. What are these options for? They seem superfluous. What type of hardware installation are you talking about? Non-Mac? If so, I can see why they are used.

What are these options for? They seem superfluous. What type of hardware installation are you talking about? Non-Mac? If so, I can see why they are used.
This is a hackintosh website/community not a Mac community or forum. We use PC hardware designed to run either Windows or Linux, not macOS. This is why we must install either Clover or OpenCore to boot macOS.

Would be best if your read through some threads in the Basics section.
Also read about using Clover on Macs: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/warning-clover-will-break-your-real-mac-use-with-caution.224933/

The post linked doesn't discuss OpenCore but most of what the author says about Clover will also apply to that bootloader. If you want to Google EFI/UEFI you can learn more about that in greater detail.

Screen Shot 11.jpg

Screen Shot 7.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back