Contribute
Register

OpenCore z390 Aorus Pro WIFI?

Thanks for the info @pastrychef . Ill give it a shot when i get back to my machine. Seems OpenCore can be a little touchy at this point. Much appreciated :thumbup:

ITS ALIVE!!!! Just did to get the USB ports configured better.
success? I have the same motherboard. I am new to OC. Can you help me with the BIOS settings and can you put the efi folder? thank you and sorry for my English

success? I have the same motherboard. I am new to OC. Can you help me with the BIOS settings and can you put the efi folder? thank you and sorry for my English
Hey man!! Sure I can try to help you.
IMG_3604.jpg
IMG_4008.jpg
IMG_5778.jpg
IMG_1793.jpg
IMG_3440.jpg
IMG_2656.jpg
IMG_4375.jpg

With OpenCore, you should only need FwRuntimeServices.efi.

OcQuirks is FwRuntimeServices.efi + the Aptio fix parts of OpenCore.

For me, I can enable IGPU and boot by doing the following:
  1. Copy OpenCore EFI folder to EFI partition of your main system drive.
  2. Clear CMOS.
  3. Unlock MSR.
  4. Make all necessary changes to BIOS settings.
  5. Boot in to macOS via OpenCore.

Once you have it working, you must do the following to keep it working:
  • Do not boot Clover.
  • Do not boot from USB.
  • Do not boot from other EFI partitions.
  • Any of the above can break the ability to boot from OpenCore with IGPU enabled.
  • If/when it breaks, you must clear CMOS again and repeat above steps 2-5.
Hi, I have Aorous Pro Wifi and got the same error "Couldn't allocate runtime area..." I solved it with disabling IGPU. But I need my IGPU also. I don't understand what you mean with "Unlock MSR"? Could you explain that? I could not find links to fix that. Running OC 0.5.6. Attached my config.plist.

##UPDATE## - I found the guide in post#1 and #2!! I extracted the code from the bios and will now try as explained in post#1.

- just a question though. "Clear CMOS" means to short the CMOS jumper on the motherboard?

Attachments

• config.plist
    18.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Hi, I have Aorous Pro Wifi and got the same error "Couldn't allocate runtime area..." I solved it with disabling IGPU. But I need my IGPU also. I don't understand what you mean with "Unlock MSR"? Could you explain that? I could not find links to fix that. Running OC 0.5.6. Attached my config.plist.

##UPDATE## - I found the guide in post#1 and #2!! I extracted the code from the bios and will now try as explained in post#1.

- just a question though. "Clear CMOS" means to short the CMOS jumper on the motherboard?

Please see my Z390 build thread, link is below in my signature. See post #3 for FAQs and #1, 2, and 4 for instructions.

Back