Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock 990FX Extreme3
CPU
AMD FX-8320 (8-core)
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2G)
Hi!

Firstcomer here. I've used Dortania guide to install the latest version of MacOS 12.3 (OpenCore 0.7.9). I had success at first, as the system booted up and I was able to use the GUI before going to sleep. For some explicit reason the system stopped showing graphics overnight (might have gone to sleep?) and has not recovered. Now the system receives a Black screen after the Apple logo loading screen starts. This is re-occuring also after reinstall (did not do full cleanup).. I've used the Apple recovery tool to access Terminal and logs on drive and it seems the WindowServer just keeps crashing concurrently..

As I am using Radeon HD 7870, I noticed others in this forum have had problems with graphics processing after 12.3 (MacOS 12.3 Update causes problems for 5700 ...) update. I tried the Framebuffer DeviceProperties overwriting hack, but it did not help:

Code:
        <dict>
            <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0xB,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>@0,name</key>
                <string>ATY,Chutoro</string>
                <key>@1,name</key>
                <key>@2,name</key>
                <key>@3,name</key>
            </dict>
        </dict>

So as I've not managed to fix the 12.3 version and it seems to be problematic as a whole I would like to install 12.2.1 version. The Dortania guide refers to Macrecovery tool to fetch the suitable (com.apple.recovery.boot/BaseSystem.dmg) image. Unfortunately the Macrecovery tool requires either BOARD_ID or EEEE for specific host machine to provide the correct image to be fetched from Apple.

Excuse me for my novice knowledge, but hoping you can refer to the right direction:
1) is there a way for me to force the current Apple recovery tool to (re-)install specific version of MacOS?
2) are there any good ideas how to fetch the 12.2.1 version of image with Macrecovery tool?
3) might there be something else I could check to fix the problems?

Thanks for your swift support!

Hardware:
AMD FX-8320 (8-core)
ASRock 990FX Extreme3 MB
AMD Radeon HD 7870 (2GB)

Attachments

• config.plist
    34.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back