Contribute
Register

OpenCore Debug V9.6 Catalina failing at the beginning of installation after reboot

Motherboard
Asrock Z77 extreme 4
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
RX 5700XT
Hi all,
This is my first hackintosh build and I'm relatively new so it took a while for me to get used to everything but now I'm running into a consistent problem that I haven't been able to fix no matter what I try.
I can load the Boot picker, choose the USB installer and it loads up perfectly normal, but after the installation reboots once, it gets stuck at the beginning of the installation with the following error:

macOS could not be installed on your computer
An error occurred while loading the installer resources
Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.

I've tried about almost anything by now: Changing the date and time to match and changing it to a date where catalina was still supported, disabling SIP, running the installer command in the Terminal, restarting the computer multiple times, disconnecting all other devices while installing, unplugging the ethernet, disabling secure boot

I've also tried looking for this same exact issue on the forums, but none of the fixes seemed to work for me.

I know that my MOBO might potentially have a few problems with macos but others seemed to have no problem when installing catalina.

The only method that partially worked for me was disconnecting the drive and reconnecting it to my macbook and downloading it from there... which worked but when I tried using it on my computer I started having multiple issues, i.e., not being able to open applications at all or using my apple id, which is why I'm trying to install directly from my computer this time to see if I run into some other issues while installing.

below is my EFI folder that I used for the installation (OpenCore 9.6 DEBUG Version)
I used legacy booting becuase my motherboard's UEFI is very unstable and downright doesn't work most of the time.
all ideas would be very appreciated.

Attachments

• OC EFI 9.6.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 2
Back