Graphics
Sapphire HD6850 Toxic
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I would love to get chimera to run. Strangely I can boot the Mac OS DVD with chimera.
But when I boot the Mac OSX system with chimera (options: "GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 AtiConfig=Duckweed -v") I see just the system halting nearly to that point where the Desktop should show up.

Code:
VBoxFltDrv
VBoxAdpDr
0 2 AppleUSBCDCACMData: start - Find CDC driver for data interface failed

With a different PCIRootUID I get an error "Memory Allocation error: Addr=0xdeadbeef, Size=0x0, File=ati.c, Line 739". With PCIRootUID=1 the card seems to be recognized.

I'll try to make a screenshot. Or is it possible to save the bootlog of the prefvious boot?

Thanks in advance! Greetings

PS:
Today I could boot chimera for the first time. Suddenly AtiConfig=Duckweed didnt work anymore:
("GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 AtiConfig=Duckweed -v")

IMG_0006.jpg

So I tried Ipomoea and strangely the log says it found a Duckweed personality:
("GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 AtiConfig=Ipomoea -v")

IMG_0004.jpg

The second try did get that far:

IMG_0009.jpg

Suddenly I could boot with Chimera leaving out any AtiConfig but loads the wrong framebuffer (Radeon)
("GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1")

boot chimera with out flags

I think I misunderstood something completely.

Is it right that iBoot isnt tied to a specific bootloader?
So iBoot is just the pre-bootloader which loads
Chameleon or Chimera from the EFI Partition?

I'm not able to get through to where I can add boot flags, It does the quick boot0 thing right you get to the chameleon/chimera segment and I get the memory error 0xdeadbeef thing. I'm running a ga-h55m-ud2h i5/ nvidia gt430 and after running well for a month I cant even get the iboot disk to boot. WTF????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back