Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have an Early 2015 MacBook Pro (MacBook Pro 12, 1) which shipped with OS X Yosemite. Currently Im running macOS Sierra flawlessly. However I would love to go back to OSX Mavericks for its aesthetics and performance. I searched a lot and there are almost no legitimate guide on how one can do this. According to Apple its impossible and several threads lists forward compatibility issues of older kexts, like Mavericks have kexts which are not compatible with the Macs shipped with Yosemite or later versions.

It seems a deadlock, one can install OSX on windows machines, or unsupported older Macs but its impossible to install older OSX on new Mac. For me its insane

Looking forward to the help or guide to install OS X Mavericks on my MacBook Pro 12,1

Thank you

Hi,

I have an Early 2015 MacBook Pro (MacBook Pro 12, 1) which shipped with OS X Yosemite. Currently Im running macOS Sierra flawlessly. However I would love to go back to OSX Mavericks for its aesthetics and performance. I searched a lot and there are almost no legitimate guide on how one can do this. According to Apple its impossible and several threads lists forward compatibility issues of older kexts, like Mavericks have kexts which are not compatible with the Macs shipped with Yosemite or later versions.

It seems a deadlock, one can install OSX on windows machines, or unsupported older Macs but its impossible to install older OSX on new Mac. For me its insane

Looking forward to the help or guide to install OS X Mavericks on my MacBook Pro 12,1

Thank you

Not possible as Mavericks was never designed for your MacBook Pro and does not support the model and the newer hardware it contains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back