Contribute
Register

Old MB died, is the replacement suitable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3
CPU
Intel Xeon E3-1220
Graphics
AMD Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My Xeon hackintosh suddenly died the other day. Been running it for a very long time with mountain lion and almost zero issues until last Thursday. Instead of buying all new hardware, I replaced the motherboard and I'm patiently waiting for it to arrive.

Old motherboard is a Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3. New board is a Gigabyte P67A-UD7. What are the chances it will boot without modifications?

Anyone aware of any issues with the new motherboard model? Are there any common problems specific to it. Both P67A, I'm thinking the only difference is probably the disk controllers.

My Xeon hackintosh suddenly died the other day. Been running it for a very long time with mountain lion and almost zero issues until last Thursday. Instead of buying all new hardware, I replaced the motherboard and I'm patiently waiting for it to arrive.

Old motherboard is a Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3. New board is a Gigabyte P67A-UD7. What are the chances it will boot without modifications?

Anyone aware of any issues with the new motherboard model? Are there any common problems specific to it. Both P67A, I'm thinking the only difference is probably the disk controllers.

I have done some motherboard replacements myself, from a GA-H67A-UD3H-B3 to a GA-Z68A-D3H-B3, then to a GA-P67A-UD3R-B3, and now a GA-B75M-D3H. All versions of MacOS installed on the hard disk from Mountain Lion to El Capitan can successfully boot, apart from minor adjustments such as the audio driver.

I would say after your motherboard replacement the system should be able to boot directly into Mountain Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back