Motherboard
AsusZ87Deluxe
CPU
Intel i7-4770K
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I logged in and downloaded ML that I ordered. Everything went fine until I tried taking the app out of the app folder to my 32 GB jump drive. I kept getting error saying ML was to large for the formatting on the drive. The ML download is only 4.5 GB. So, my jump drive was large enough to handle the 4.5 GB ML.

My friends mac is running El Capitian.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I last thought. Do I need an app to burn the ML to a DVD? Or can I drag the ML to the optical drive and burn it straight away.

Thanks in advance for your wonderful help.

Still trying to raise a Hackie via other means if at all possible

Keep Keeping on... YankeeRebel

I logged in and downloaded ML that I ordered. Everything went fine until I tried taking the app out of the app folder to my 32 GB jump drive. I kept getting error saying ML was to large for the formatting on the drive. The ML download is only 4.5 GB. So, my jump drive was large enough to handle the 4.5 GB ML.

My friends mac is running El Capitian.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I last thought. Do I need an app to burn the ML to a DVD? Or can I drag the ML to the optical drive and burn it straight away.

Thanks in advance for your wonderful help.

Still trying to raise a Hackie via other means if at all possible

Keep Keeping on... YankeeRebel
What you do depends on whether you want to just store the app file, make a bootable USB for installing on a Mac, or make a bootable USB for installing on PC hardware.
If you just want to store the file, open finder, navigate to applications folder, right click on the app and select to compress the file which creates a zip file you can save on the USB and unzip whenever you want to use it.

If you want a bootable USB for a Mac, see https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372

If you want a bootable USB for installing on PC hardware, see http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/u...n-lion-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.60584/ .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back