RX 5700XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Two of the three extra 'EFI' options are due to other disks in the system. Another 'EFI' option has no obvious origin. disabling the SATA controller only eliminates TWO of the three entries, leaving a ghost EFI entry in the menu.

None of these EFI entries 'do' anything. So, I would like to eliminate them from the boot menu.

In UEFI Shell, bcfg boot dump has no output. That's strange.

How can these 'EFI' entries be removed from the boot GUI?

I have already set a default and changed hideauxiliary=TRUE. This helps some. But, the 'EFI' entries need to go.

Any ideas?

@HackinMax,

Try changing the Scan Policy in your OC config.plist.

If it is set to the default then OC will scan all bootable drives even if there is no boot loader on them, if you have GUID data drives then it will detect the empty EFI partitions.

An easy way to experiment is to use OpenCore Configurator and click on the calculator icon next to Scan Policy which can be found on the MISC ->> SECURITY Page :-

Screenshot 2022-01-17 at 14.02.27.png

If you just want to just scan the OC EFI then just select OC_SCAN_ALLOW_FS_ESP, If you have the Windows boot-loader installed on a different Dive then also select OC_SCAN_ALLOW_FS_NTFS, with a bit of experimentation you should be able to filter OC's scan to just the drives you want to see in the picker.

Recommend you copy your existing EFI to a USB memory stick as a backup before you start experimenting so you can still boot MacOS if you select an in-correct Scan Policy value.

Full details on the use of the OC Scan Policy can be found on the Dortania guide :-

Cheers
Jay

@HackinMax,

Try changing the Scan Policy in your OC config.plist.

That's perfect. Thank you.
I will get on this straight away.

EDIT:: BRILLIANT! Worked the first time. Thanks so much. The combination of ScanPolicy and HideAuxililary work like a charm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back