Register

<< Solved >> O.C. 0.9.4 -> Invalid revision 3 (!= 4) in loaded driver

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS Master
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
I'm trying to update Open Core 0.9.3 to 0.9.4.

I use kextupdater to get the latest kexts, and than I use occ compare to match the differences with my current config and the latest one.

I also updated Bootx64.efi, OpenCore.efi, OpenRuntime.efi.

I've to revert with a 0.9.1 and the configuration works well but when I copy the new OpenCore.efi from 0.9.4. I get the following error.

Hope you guys check what's wrong with my efi :)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 40
  • PXL_20230825_194429176.jpg
    PXL_20230825_194429176.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 67
I'm trying to update Open Core 0.9.3 to 0.9.4.

I use kextupdater to get the latest kexts, and than I use occ compare to match the differences with my current config and the latest one.

I also updated Bootx64.efi, OpenCore.efi, OpenRuntime.efi.

I've to revert with a 0.9.1 and the configuration works well but when I copy the new OpenCore.efi from 0.9.4. I get the following error.

Hope you guys check what's wrong with my efi :)
In your config.plist under the Misc/ Boot section there is a line named "InstanceIdentifier" that is new to .9.4 you have no value for. You can add "Disabled" These are two other errors as well.
1.No schema for InstanceIdentifier at 4 index, context <Boot>!
Serialisation returns 1 error!

2. ResetNvramEntry.efi at UEFI->Drivers[1] must have LoadEarly set to FALSE!

3. OpenRuntime.efi at UEFI->Drivers[0] should have its LoadEarly set to FALSE unless OpenVariableRuntimeDxe.efi is in use!

I added Disabled value for InstanceIdentifier, and I set the LoadEarly value to False. Now I get the following message in the log but the OS loaded:

00:000 00:000 OCS: No schema for DisableIoMapperMapping at 7 index, context <Quirks>!
00:000 00:000 OCS: No schema for InstanceIdentifier at 4 index, context <Boot>!
00:000 00:000 OCS: No schema for ConsoleFont at 1 index, context <Output>!
00:000 00:000 OCS: No schema for InitialMode at 8 index, context <Output>!
00:000 00:000 OCS: No schema for PciIo at 17 index, context <ProtocolOverrides>!
00:012 00:012 OC: Grabbed zero system-id for SB, this is not allowed

Shall I put Disabled to all this properties?

I don't know why they came empty from the Sample.plist file of 0.9.4.

I've done everything you told me but I still get the error:

Invalid revision 3 (!= 4) in loaded driver

Perhaps the configuration started using the OpenCore.efi from 0.9.3 but when I change it from 0.9.4. I still get the error.

Ocvalidate didn't return any error and I cannot get to the boot menu in order to reset NVram.

Looking forward to your reply.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 36
Make sure that your drivers are up to date under EFI/OC/Drivers.
BEP = Boot Entry Protocol - it's the protocol that OpenCore uses for drivers to add boot entries (such as through ResetNvramEntry.efi). I'm guessing that the version got incremented between versions due to changes in the protocol, but you only updated OpenCore itself and not the drivers. Kexts and tools I don't think matter here.

You'll need to update the following files to the same 0.9.4 version as OpenCore.efi:

1. ResetNvramEntry.efi
2. Tools > OpenShell.efi

Thanks a lot for the help guys, I'm running 0.9.4 already.

I didn't know I have to update the ResetNvramEntry.efi and I haven't since a while.

I'll know that for the future.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Back