Contribute
Register

nVidia drivers for Sierra 10.12.3 16025a (Beta releases)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Sony Vaio Intel Lynx Point-LP (Premium)
CPU
i7-4500U
Graphics
HD 4400
Good afternoon,
I got a EVGA GTX1060 mini 6Gb and a K600 Quadro but... with the latest Beta3 release of Sierra the drivers are not longer compatible.

I am not able to find at all drivers for the 1060 but... who can I at least use the Quadro? Where can I get the supported driver for that release?

Cheers,

Pascal generation GPUs (GTX 10x0) are not supported yet.

NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers have not been updated for 10.12.3 and Beta drivers are currently not available.

Modify the NVDAStartup.kext to force the older drivers to load.
See Problem 5 of the Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems topic.

The hit counter on this thread is gonna go crazy!!!! LOLOL

Pascal generation GPUs (GTX 10x0) are not supported yet.

NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers have not been updated for 10.12.3 and Beta drivers are currently not available.

Modify the NVDAStartup.kext to force the older drivers to load.
Good morning,
thanks but it supposes the driver already installed in the system... if I never did that and the driver are not installed? I opened the file in that point and it is empty.

Cheers

Good morning,
thanks but it supposes the driver already installed in the system... if I never did that and the driver are not installed?

Download the 367.15.10.25f02 drivers for 10.12.2 (16C68)

If you try to install the drivers you will get an error.
See Problem 2 of the Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems topic.

install_error.png

You need to Edit the "Distribution" file within the package using the Flat Package Editor.
See Problem 1 of the Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems topic.

editor.png

Follow the guide till point 9, instead of adjusting the system models you need to adjust the supportedOSVer and supportedOSBuildVer to your OS and Build (In my case 10.12.3 Beta (16D30a).

distribution.png

If you adjusted and updated the Distribution file and WebDriver-367.15.10.25f02.pkg correctly you will be able to install the Nvidia Web Drivers.

After you installed the Nvidia Web Drivers modify the NVDAStartupWeb.kext to force the older drivers to load.

hello

when i do this i get a java scrip error as soon as i try and run the edited package. any ideas?

View attachment 231559

You need to Edit the "Distribution" file within the package using the Flat Package Editor.

View attachment 231560

Follow the guide till point 9, instead of adjusting the system models you need to adjust the supportedOSVer and supportedOSBuildVer to your OS and Build (In my case 10.12.3 Beta (16D30a).

View attachment 231561

If you adjusted and updated the Distribution file and WebDriver-367.15.10.25f02.pkg correctly you will be able to install the Nvidia Web Drivers.

After you installed the Nvidia Web Drivers modify the NVDAStartupWeb.kext to force the older drivers to load.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 3.00.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 3.00.21 PM.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 273
installation web of problems with nvidia driver 10.12.3 sierra (16D32)

when i do this i get a java scrip error as soon as i try and run the edited package. any ideas?

Did you use TextEdit to edit the Distribution file?

This is usually caused by having curly quotes when you made the edits. This " " vs. This “ “. The quotation marks must look like the first ones. You can either copy and past the existing ones in the distribution file or before you open the distribution file go to TextEdit -> Preferences and uncheck the box next to smart quotes.

View attachment 231559

View attachment 231560

View attachment 231561

I am sorry for the delay of that reply but I want say you, thanks! I also purchased an RX480 but it is still on delivery.

I will check what you pointed out above and once again, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back