Xeon 2176G
Graphics
Quadro K600
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,
interesting forum and I will go straight to the topic.
I have a GA-X58-USB3 which boots fine, installs fine, no hiccups, etc.
I have also two graphic cards available (I only install one at the time, but keeping the second one handy to experiment). An EVGA GT 430 and an 8600GS, both have been working fine on a different MB.
With this MB though I have been unable to go beyond basic resolution.

A little bit more about my config:
* I disabled the USB3, the LAN and the Audio (I use USB speakers and mike and a Netgear GA311 for network).
* I tried all possible permutations of: DSDT/SimpleBeast, NVEnabler/no-NVEnabler, GE vs. non-GE, 32-bit vs. 64-bit, TonyMac NVidia drivers/Vanilla, 8600 vs GT430 etc.

The only two outcomes so far are:
1. black screen at desktop time
2. 1024x768 NVidia with 32MB

I've read many success stories and I would happily get a different card if necessary, but I am afraid that something is wrong with my setup.
I do have an extra PCI-express card installed but with a different MB it's not an issue at all.

I will be grateful if someone can shed any light.

Re: NVIDIA 1024x768

Ok, I think I am narrowing it down.
I can get the card properly recognized but not the display (a Dell 2208WFP connected via DVI) which is recognized as generic and as such with much lower resolution....

Solution: switching from the DVI port to the HDMI helps correctly identify the monitor. I've tried a different DVI cable, so I am pretty positive it's a matter of port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back