i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6800XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey hive-mind, I'm not totally sure if this is the best place to post this, but I know you guys are some of the best.

Ever since I updated my system to 10.15.4, I've experienced lots of small issues: windows instability, fan curves not working, etc. Good number of these issues I've been remedy myself, but one I just can't seem to get past is "System failed to Post" when I turn my system on. What's interesting about this is I've had no issues once I enter the bios and immediately exit. I thought it may have been my overclock, but even after stopping that and resetting everything else (other than the necessary bios for MacOS) nothing has seemed to fix this issue.

Other than that, MacOS is working fine and windows (separate drive entirely) seems to be more stable now as well too.

Thanks and hope you're all staying safe out there!

10.15.4 appears to have brought with it an issue that causes some BIOSes to come up in safe mode. Appears to be some changes with RTC (?). Regardless, appears to be happening with either Clover or OpenCore.

With my BIOS (Asus z390i) all I have to do is hit F1 and then exit. Luckily it doesn't wipe out any of the settings (and if it did, most BIOS these days have a feature to save multiple configurations. Probably not a bad time to save one.

10.15.4 appears to have brought with it an issue that causes some BIOSes to come up in safe mode. Appears to be some changes with RTC (?). Regardless, appears to be happening with either Clover or OpenCore.

With my BIOS (Asus z390i) all I have to do is hit F1 and then exit. Luckily it doesn't wipe out any of the settings (and if it did, most BIOS these days have a feature to save multiple configurations. Probably not a bad time to save one.
Yes, exactly the same process for me! I mean, if the worse I have to do is hit F1, I guess it could be worse. My wife's on open core doesn't seem to be having that issue, but it's also a totally Ryzentosh so that whole thing seems rather different.

Zip and post your Clover folder.
Attached is a copy of my current EFI folder. Thanks for taking time to look at this. I've only been running a hackintosh since about September, so I'm sure I still have lots to learn.

Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    50.9 MB · Views: 155
OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi should not be used and can damage your system, you have aptiomemoryfix.efi as well, so you should see if you can boot without it. Have tried using SMBIOIS iMac19,1? it's better suited to your specs.

Last edited:
OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi should not be used and can damage your system, you have aptiomemoryfix.efi as well, so you should see if you can boot without it. Have tried using SMBIOIS iMac19,1? it's better suited to your specs.

my system has never been able to post without OsxAptioFix2Dvr-free2000. Not sure how I ended up with aptiomemoryfix back in there. Could be from dealing with smaller issues and accidentally copied over as well.

I can try going with just aptiomemoryfix though, maybe now it will work. Just no luck ever in the past.

I did try 19,1 when I first set up this system. I had lots of stability issues in Mojave, so I was recommended stepping down to 18,1 and making a couple of other adjustments. They helped at the time and I’ve just never adjusted it since. I’ll be the first to admit, I’m not totally sure what actually does for your system other than how it’s identified by your Apple ID.

You don't have to use them at all, Z390 runs NVRAM native now. Asus moainboards have unlocked MSR so as easy as changing a few drivers. See pastrychef's guide here.
That’s actually great to know. When I get done working on this project and can really dive into this, I’ll try that. That being said, I am just running aptiomemoryfix now, and for the first time ever it seems to be fine. Except the same initial posting has went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back