Graphics
Nvidia GTS 450
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm trying to get my iPad to charge on my new hackintosh and it says "Not Charging". I know it's charging but it's not smart enough. I have a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard and even though it has high power ports, it doesn't charge on Mac OS X. I tried it on windows (even through Parallels) and it charges perfectly! Do you have any ideas to give more power to the usb port?
Thanks in advance :thumbup:

vasodys said:
I'm trying to get my iPad to charge on my new hackintosh and it says "Not Charging". I know it's charging but it's not smart enough. I have a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard and even though it has high power ports, it doesn't charge on Mac OS X. I tried it on windows (even through Parallels) and it charges perfectly! Do you have any ideas to give more power to the usb port?
Thanks in advance :thumbup:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=59337

check these posts,

joe

I'm currently having the same problem with the same motherboard.

Same motherboard (Z68x-UD3H-B3). Trying to get my Belkin USB Bluetooth dongle to work in my wired Apple aluminum keyboard. What's really got me puzzled was that this was working fine in Lion, but either the upgrade to UEFI bios or the upgrade to Mountain Lion broke it.
-Have tried moving the port that the keyboard is plugged into from normal ports to USB3 and no dice.
-I tried enabling "ErP", which was referenced as something related to USB powering on the UEFI upgrade guide, but when I started into ML the next time it borked and froze up, and then every startup after that, which resulted in me having to reinstall ML.
-Other peripherals work in the ports on the keyboard, flash drives, hard drives, etc.

I checked in the thread that joetgt linked to, and saw the post mentioning high-power USB on actual macs, but according to the current draws referenced in about this mac, this thing is only supposed to draw 2 mA....and the port is supposed to be good for 500 mA. Anyone have any other ideas??

That's normal! I also have a wired Apple aluminum keyboard and that problem with usb happened in my real mac pro too! Now with my z68xp-ud3 this keeps happen...

PS: The keyboard is connected at apple cinema display...

If you don't have a USB 3.0 Port, an iPad 2/3 will not charge on a hackintosh or a mac.

If you don't have a USB 3.0 Port, an iPad 2/3 will not charge on a hackintosh or a mac.

yes it will i have a ipad 2 and it will charge on my hp probook hackintosh and macbook white from 2007 but not on my new ga-z77n-wifi hackintosh it just says "not charging"

I have noticed two separate problem areas:

1) The power (amperage) supplied to the USB2 ports. My Z68Xp-ud4 (ver 1.4) has enough power. Some first version "68" series boards from Gigabyte did not. It was right at the time of transition to USB3 as well as increased amperage rating. Do not know the details from board to board, however. Only the general idea of what was happening. Any later Gigabyte boards, i.e. 77 series should be OK??

2) Bios settings....Mine did not work properly until I turned off Legacy USB Support and turned ErP off. After those changes my UEFI bios worked. (Note: xHCI, eHCI, Hi Precision Event Timer =ON_or_Enabled.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back