Contribute
Register

Non-Booting High Sierra w/GEFORCE 1060 - Where do I start?

Maybe, have a look.

An alternative would be to create a USB flash drive with the boot loader on it.
Thanks again, @P1LGRIM , I'm giving the USB flash drive route a try now.

I followed the instructions here - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/make-an-online-opencore-usb-installer-in-windows-10.321046/

There appear to be currently 3 different options for a Full Install of Catalina 10.15.7 - a 19H15, 19H4, and 19H2.

These are download menu options 15, 18, and 22 respectively when I use gibMacOS.

How do I know which one of these is the right one for my hardware?

I used Rufus and gibMacOS to create a bootable Catalina USB Recovery Stick with Clover r5156 and the 19H15 version of Catalina 10.15.7 Full Install

I'm able to hit F12 and do a boot from the USB which comes up into (a non-holiday-themed version this time) of Clover, which lists several options. None of the choices are bootable - well, they look like they start - bring up an Apple Logo with a progress bar, but no progress is ever made regardless of the option chosen.

The gibMacOS example above is for creating an OpenCore boot instead of a Clover boot. I opted for Clover b/c while I know the general info for the hardware I'm using, I don't have the detailed info I'd need to fully set up an OpenCore EFI config for my hardware.

I'm thinking that either 19H15 wasn't the right option for my hardware, or the default Clover/Boot Options used by on the boot stick aren't fully compatible with my hardware setup.

Any suggestions anyone may have on what to try/do next would be appreciated!

Happy New Year everyone!

Regards,
Joel

How do I know which one of these is the right one for my hardware?
You don't need an OS as you already have one installed.
You just need the boot loader on a USB flash drive.

You don't need an OS as you already have one installed.
You just need the boot loader on a USB flash drive.
I tried using the options to boot both Recovery and macOS from the High Sierra volume using the boot USB but as I said before, I got an Apple logo and a place for a progress bar underneath when I tried those options, the system never started up from either one (last two options on the Clover screen from the boot USB.

Back