1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My System:
i5-750
MSI P55 GD65 (BIOS 1.8)
EVGA 8800GT
G.Skill 4GB DDR3 2000

I just finished my OSX 10.6.4 install and my wired networking isnt working. When I was doing the install process and the networking option came up it only gave me two choices:

1. Connect by telephone (old dial up)
2. Computer not connect to internet

connection via ethernet was grayed out.

My graphics card is working great and I havent got my audio working, however that doesnt worry me as much as my internet.

I saw a post by TonyMac saying to delete the ethernet options in the networking config options then reload it after rebooting, and that didnt work.

I have also deleted my /Extra/Extensions folder along with /System/Library/Extensions folder and ran multibeast checking the two networking options and that hasnt worked either.

Any ideas is greatly appreciated.

I finally got it to work. I had to reload the RealtekR1000SL kext with MultiBeast a couple times and strangely when I finally gave up and when to buy a USB ethernet the last time it just worked.

Well I give up lol I installed 10.6 and did everything that the forms say updated it to 10.6.3 and all worked great. I had internet, audio and could boot off hard drive. updated to 10.6.4 via combo and could not boot from hard drive nor iboot cd. Reformatted installed and updated to 10.6.3 and have sounds but I can not get internet. It says Cable unplugged. I have tried everything I could find in the forms but I can not get it to work. can't boot off hard drive ether but not a big deal right now. Any ideals as to how to get internet working?

Thank guys

GA-H55-S2H
Intel i3 530
intergraded video
IDE hard drive
SATA RWDVD
Realtek 8111D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back