Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 6870
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
no sound [SOLVED]

ML installed fine, i used the ati radeon hd 6XXX advice and it worked.

but, even after doing the same multibeast installs as i did for lion, my sound won't work. i upgraded my existing lion install, if that makes any difference.

i have a gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3.

in multibeast i select ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback, as per the guide i used for lion.

please help? :)

it seems my wireless mouse/keyboard are also acting up. maybe they lost compatibility...

ML installed fine, i used the ati radeon hd 6XXX advice and it worked.

but, even after doing the same multibeast installs as i did for lion, my sound won't work. i upgraded my existing lion install, if that makes any difference.

i have a gigabyte ga-z68x-ud3h-b3.

in multibeast i select ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDA Rollback, as per the guide i used for lion.

please help? :)

i had the same problem
i installed the kext specific to the alc889 found in Drivers & Bootloaders --> Kexts & Enablers --> Audio --> Reatek ALC8xx --> Patched AppleHDA

just tried that and it didn't help. :(

do i have to get rid of the one i installed first? if so, how do i do that?

looking in system\extensions, i can't find the alc899.kext in there after it said it installed. not sure what i'm doing wrong.......

I had the exact same problem and that solution worked.

It worked after a fresh re-install though-

if i tried another audio choice, do i have to do something before i try another one? delete the kext or something? i just tried what you suggested and i still have no sound.

do i need to reinstall the os?

i reinstalled the os. i did a clean install then migrated over everything from my lion backup. i checked all of the audio boxes that was recommended, but i still have no sound. i don't understand what i'm doing wrong! there were no issues in lion.

another thing, when multibeast gets to the 'running package scripts' part, it seems to take a long time. i don't remember it doing that after i installed lion.

is there a new version of multibeast i should be using? i didn't see one on the site, so i'm using the same one i used to install lion.

FIXED!!!!!

just went into system preferences and changed the sound output to internal speakers and the sound came back. YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back