Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

I have posted previously about this with minimal success. My problem is stated in the thread title, I have no sound. I am using a Sapphire AMD Raedon 6850 for my graphics and sound because I am using HDMI to connect to a receiver, which then connects to my TV. I think the problem may be that there is no DSDT released for my mobo yet, an ASUS P8P67. If you have any idea of what may be causing it, or if you have a working P8P67 DSDT, please don't hesitate to share! I will try anything that sounds reasonable!

Specs:
(all of these were bought of July or August of this year)
ASUS P8P67 Motherboard
Intel i7 2600 Overclocked to 4.1 GHz
Sapphire AMD Raedon 6850
Corsair 8GB Vengeance RAM

That's all my specs and my sole problem, please please please help me! I'm sooo close to finishing my build!

ijhu said:

I've already found that and a few other threads about that. Sorry for not saying that, but I don't have a DSDT to use with that method... unless I missed something that allows you to use HDMI audio without a DSDT... and I've done extensive searching for DSDT's for ASUS P8P67 motherboards. Thank you, but this wasn't of great help >.<

It means that in order to achieve HDMI audio, you must follow those 3 parts.
-Device supporting HDMI requirement
-HDMI via DSDT edit
-HDMI via KEXT edit.

There is no such thing is FLIP the SWITCH and audio is through HDMI port will be available to you. Therefore that link for you is to READ and PICK OUT the step you want to you.

there is another method is to install voodooHDA and HOPE + PRAY that it works for your board.

ijhu said:
It means that in order to achieve HDMI audio, you must follow those 3 parts.
-Device supporting HDMI requirement
-HDMI via DSDT edit
-HDMI via KEXT edit.

There is no such thing is FLIP the SWITCH and audio is through HDMI port will be available to you. Therefore that link for you is to READ and PICK OUT the step you want to you.

there is another method is to install voodooHDA and HOPE + PRAY that it works for your board.

Alrighty, thanks! I bricked my hackintosh yesterday, so I'm gonna have to completely reinstall SL and Lion. So at least it'll be a fresh start :D I'll let you know how I'm coming along with it :) maybe I could boot into the Lion installer since I never deleted that partition! Any thoughts on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back