1GB GT430
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Guys,

So I am not new to Hackintosh, but I am new to this forum. Heres the deal. I recently built another Hackintosh for my father with some old parts I had lying around.

Specs are :

Mobo : AsRock H55DE3 1156 LGA
Ram : 6 GB Corsair
CPU : Intel i3 3.33GHZ
Video : PNY Nvidia 430GT
Sound : Onboard Sound / Audigy 2 ZS

Machine is running mint. Everything has been running perfectly except I do not have sound. I have tried to install every Version of Voodoo, which ends up just panicking on me when installed. I then tried several different Variations of the Realtek Installations and the original Apple HDA Rollback, but nothing seems to work. I am able to use Voodoo 0.2.61, but that only shows up as an HDMI output, and of course I am willing to do that but issue being is, the audio does not get played through the HDMI port. I have reinstalled the OS 14 times, and it is really starting to get on my nerves that everything works great besides sound. If anyone has any ideas for me to try or has had this issue before, or would like to give me a solution such as purchasing a known working sound card. Please I would love the help.

Thank you very much I appreciate anyone that take the time to respond to my post.

iismao42 said:
Hey Guys,

So I am not new to Hackintosh, but I am new to this forum. Heres the deal. I recently built another Hackintosh for my father with some old parts I had lying around.

Specs are :

Mobo : AsRock H55DE3 1156 LGA
Ram : 6 GB Corsair
CPU : Intel i3 3.33GHZ
Video : PNY Nvidia 430GT
Sound : Onboard Sound / Audigy 2 ZS

Machine is running mint. Everything has been running perfectly except I do not have sound. I have tried to install every Version of Voodoo, which ends up just panicking on me when installed. I then tried several different Variations of the Realtek Installations and the original Apple HDA Rollback, but nothing seems to work. I am able to use Voodoo 0.2.61, but that only shows up as an HDMI output, and of course I am willing to do that but issue being is, the audio does not get played through the HDMI port. I have reinstalled the OS 14 times, and it is really starting to get on my nerves that everything works great besides sound. If anyone has any ideas for me to try or has had this issue before, or would like to give me a solution such as purchasing a known working sound card. Please I would love the help.

Thank you very much I appreciate anyone that take the time to respond to my post.

if you know which codac you have then read here
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=26486

it is showing on as rock site as via chipset which is not supported,voodoo is the only alternative ,not sure what version to use,you might be able to get sound through the hdmi audio of the graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back