Graphics
GTX 295
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I installed Chimera 1.5, and my firewire soundcard worked perfectly before the install, but after there is no sound at all.

- Even had kernel panic concerning the file called "IOAudioFamily.kext" and "TCNear.kext".... removed both files from system/library/extensions - and everything booted perfectly again.

but although I have tried uninstalling driver and software concerning the Impact Twin, I still get no sound.

What could cause this problem, is it the firewire drivers, or others???? please help

thanks

I have a similar problem. TCNear gives me kernel panic. First Time I installed and rebooted, it worked. I listened to music without problem. After that, every reboot gave me a kernel panic. I booted with iboot, removed the driver and now the system works again. Have you solved your problem with Lion and the impact twin? I´m on 10.6.8. Thanks

Apparently there was an interaction with the fact parallells was forcing safe mode. Removed parallells and reinstalled the tc near driver. Sometimes the konnekt does not get recognized at boot time, but it´s a matter of power cycling the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back