Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So I recently built my Hackintosh, and Mavericks installed without issue. I then decided to install windows on a separate hard-drive (disconnected the OSX drive), but when I boot into windows it says that there are no connections available and that I should install the drivers necessary. I am simply using ethernet to my motherboard.

The specs are as follows
Intel i7 4770k
GB Z87X-OC motherboard
Windows 7 Pro

Not sure if anyone has encountered this before,
Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have no Disk Drive as of this point, is there any workaround?

I have no Disk Drive as of this point, is there any workaround?

The CD/DVD that came with your board has drivers. If you can't find it/don't have it, go to the web site for the board and click on the drivers tab under support/downloads and download all the drivers to a USB pen drive and use that to install the drivers in Windows.

I am having a similar problem.
Here's my post:
Build:
i7 4770k
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5 TH
GTX 770
256GB SSD - (Windows 7)
250GB HDD - (Mavericks)

In short, I completed the build, and installed Windows 7. At this point everything works perfectly, as one would expect. I then installed Mavericks on a separate HDD. I ran through all the standard steps and everything worked beautifully apart from the wifi.

I followed the instructions in this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/111209-ga-z87x-ud5-th-ga-z87x-ud7-th-3.html
to edit ktexts and get the wireless and bluetooth working. They both seem to work flawlessly, apart from intermittent slowdowns of the Apple Magic Mouse over bluetooth.

Boot back over to windows, and the wireless icon in the dock shows a red x and states No Connections Available. I've used the Gigabyte discs and device manager to disable/enable, uninstall/install, and just about everything short of reinstalling Windows all together to get wifi working again but to no avail. Pages and pages of google results reveal absolutely nothing.

I can boot back to OSX at any time and wifi works perfectly. In Windows, internet via ethernet cable works perfectly. The only issue here is the wifi adapter while I'm booted into Windows 7.

Has anyone encountered this or might anyone have any tips or suggestions?

Did you ever find a fix?

I fixed it on my machine, I hope it will work with you.

I just download all the drivers needed from gigabyte's website and install them on Windows.
Then I did the same with my wifi card drivers and the problem was solved.

I should say that I'm on Moutain Lion/Win 7.
It may not work with Mavericks, that said I don't understand why everybody is upgrading to Mavericks since many more things don't work and all real mac users keep complaining about it. :think:

Hope that can help. :)

Axel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back