Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So apparently Apple will no longer offer OS X on USB after Lion. I'm wondering if/how will this affect the Hackintosh community. I'm assuming since you can make bootable backups regardless of where you obtained the original nothing will really change and if you already have a system running a previous version then s simple update should suffice.

http://gizmodo.com/5886097/os-x-never-c ... ver-again#

people would do the same as they did to install lion, restore the image to a usb or other partition, add the mach kernel and boot from that partition.
Hell it could probably just as easily be restored to dvd if they add the bootloader

Are you sure about that?
Im not saying your not, but i was talking to an Apple Rep today from the Business Volume Purchasing support about some stuff and he said

" Like when Mountain Lion comes out, lets say you need 10 USB drives with it, you can just call me instead of purchasing them."

That was his exact words...Now I'm not saying you are wrong, he could be wrong. I am just passing along what he said

But, to be honest, it makes sense since the Mountain is an "update" and Lion was a major release from Snow Leopard.

Dewitts said:
people would do the same as they did to install lion, restore the image to a usb or other partition, add the mach kernel and boot from that partition.
Hell it could probably just as easily be restored to dvd if they add the bootloader

You are also do the same thing,right? :headbang:

osmanthus said:
Dewitts said:

You are also do the same thing,right? :headbang:

That's how I installed LION ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back