Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
acer u3e1
CPU
i3-8100
Graphics
Nvidia 710 2GB DDR5
Hi, I have been playing with Catalina and got sick of being asked to update. So the several days ago I pressed the buton to update thinking it was Monterey, however it turned out to be Ventura. All went hunkey dory until I got to the password screen and then I found I didn't have a keyboard or mouse. I reinstalled Catalina and updated it only this time it was Monterey and again same result. So, reinstalled Catalina and had a shot at BigSur, same result no keyboard or mouse. Is there anything I can do to get around this?
As alway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yes.
  1. Install Catalina and create a custom USB configuration for your system.
  2. Read and follow this guide by UtterDisbelief.
  3. You can use the OpenCore XhciPortLimit quirk in Catalina, so the USB port discovery is simpler to complete.
This will make it so all the USB ports you activate (max of 15 ports) will be available in Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura.

Just to clarify matters, your Nvidia GT710 graphics card is not natively supported in Monterey or Ventura. The Nvidia Legacy patcher app doesn't work beyond 12.4, if I recall correctly.

So you would have to use a compatible AMD dGPU, if you plan to use the later versions of Monterey and the new/beta macOS Ventura.

Yes.
  1. Install Catalina and create a custom USB configuration for your system.
  2. Read and follow this guide by UtterDisbelief.
  3. You can use the OpenCore XhciPortLimit quirk in Catalina, so the USB port discovery is simpler to complete.
This will make it so all the USB ports you activate (max of 15 ports) will be available in Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura.

Just to clarify matters, your Nvidia GT710 graphics card is not natively supported in Monterey or Ventura. The Nvidia Legacy patcher app doesn't work beyond 12.4, if I recall correctly.

So you would have to use a compatible AMD dGPU, if you plan to use the later versions of Monterey and the new/beta macOS Ventura.
Many thanks, I will give this a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back