RX 6800
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently switched Hackintoshes from my old setup (Asus TUF Z270 Mark2, i7-7700) to a new one (ROG Maximus XIII Hero, i9-10900K). OC 0.7.3 / BigSur 11.6 on both. All is pretty good on my new Hack except I can't get the boot chime to work (it worked fine on my old Hack). The new rig uses Realtek USB2.0 audio and I've been following Dortania's instructions for the chime. Used iORegExplorer to find IOHDACodecAddress (which shows as 0x2, screenshot attached). Then I booted the Debug version of OC, where I found "1 output" reported for PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x3) (log file attached). I entered this info into the UEFI/Audio section of my config.plist (EFI folder is attached) and even though the OC log reports "Play chime started - Success," there's no audible chime at boot.

OpenCanopy picker looks fine, and audio is great once Big Sur is running. To hear the boot chime, I suspect I need to enter something different for "AudioOut" in OC other than the 0 I'm using, but have no idea what to try instead.

Attachments

• iOReg.jpg
    iOReg.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 83
  • opencore-2021-09-30-153652.txt
    256 KB · Views: 64
  • EFI.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 96
from my understanding of the guide getting USB audio to work with a boot chime is difficult, or as I remember the guide saying "hit or miss"

Yes, I read that too and it's what I was afraid would apply to my Hack. Maybe one day someone can figure out how to make it work ;)

Yes, I read that too and it's what I was afraid would apply to my Hack. Maybe one day someone can figure out how to make it work ;)
just an idea, real Macs wouldn't chime through a USB sound card either, they would use their internal speaker. Maybe rig something up using your onboard audio just for the chime?

just an idea, real Macs wouldn't chime through a USB sound card either, they would use their internal speaker. Maybe rig something up using your onboard audio just for the chime?
Unfortunately, I'm already trying the onboard audio provided by my mobo, which is Realtek USB2 audio. I don't have a sound card. I did try using the Radeon 6800 GPU as an audio device for the chime (Hackintool reports it at PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x1) ), but still no chime afterwards and OpenCore Debug log just says "audio device not found."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back