X3470
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

I recently had to change my motherboard with a GA-P55A-UD3R F14b (old one used to be a GA-P55A-UD3P F14). Without reinstalling, I put everything back in with my Mojave drive and everything seemed to work ok until I noticed slow transfers with my USB devices. I went ahead and downloaded the latest UD3R F13 DSDT (although mine has F14b) from the Downloads section then placed it on the EFI partition. After a reboot, the USB transfers went ahead like normal however I seem to have lost audio. The speaker icon looks like it's emitting sound but greyed out (against the greyed out speaker icon that we sometimes get from a clean install).

My UD3R says that I have an ALC889 so I tried reinstalling the AppleALC kext (different versions, 1.3.5, 1.6.5) but with no luck. I've also tried to inject via the given layout for ALC889 (1,2,3,11,12 all did not give me back my speaker icon to light up). I tried to place the old DSDT file from my previous UD3P F14 and that gave me back audio however I fear that my USB transfer would slow down again for sure from using the DSD file from my old motherboard.

PS. I have also tried reinstall the audio kext from Multibeast 11. I have 10.14.3, btw.

Would greatly appreciate any of your input in getting me back my audio.

Thank you and stay safe.

Had to take a look at both DSDT files side by side and noticed that the old one from my previous board had different values for _ADR, 0x001B000. Copied the same values to the new motherboard's DSDT file and voila! Sound is back. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back