Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> New to laptop. No touch. Dell Latitude 5490

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I learned two interesting facts this afternoon. None have fixed my trackpad, but getting somewhere.
First: There are two different SSDT-GPIO.aml files in circulation. One flat out sets the switch GPIO to on. The other does so with a little logic (that leaves it off on my laptop). But the first leads to crash, until I figure out the the inner workings. So progress...?...

I succeeded in downloading the DSDT file. That should be helpful.
I guess there was something I meant to call Second, but never mind.

Unbelievable!!
So now I find that there are two versions of another SSDT files mixed among my attempted installations. The one I renamed (private) below, has code embedded with the owners UUID. It works differently on someone elses machine. When I swapped that out for the more generic, and fooled with another SSDT, it got my trackpad to work! And I didn't have to reinvent the whole coding pathway. Relief. And horror. Case closed.

Attachments

• SSDT-SBUS-MCHC (private).aml
    260 bytes · Views: 44
  • SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml
    252 bytes · Views: 50
Unbelievable!!
So now I find that there are two versions of another SSDT files mixed among my attempted installations. The one I renamed (private) below, has code embedded with the owners UUID. It works differently on someone elses machine. When I swapped that out for the more generic, and fooled with another SSDT, it got my trackpad to work! And I didn't have to reinvent the whole coding pathway. Relief. And horror. Case closed.
Always good to do a little research here and there! :)

glad you got your machine running!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back