1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
We've just started a HTPC section is the System Usage forum section.
viewforum.php?f=87

Bring your HTPC questions. I'm going to convert my current system to HTPC after I get my Sandy Bridge system up & running. I've already started my search for a HTPC case for my Hackintosh components. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=17144&hilit=+HTPC

The standard Buying Advise section is still appropriate for MB's and Graphics cards for running Snow Leopard. But, questions like what's the best graphics card for HDMI to HDTV connections are appropriate. Also, success stories are always appropriate.

I currently use my Hackintosh to accomplish video conversion with RipIt & Handbrake to get my digital versions of my DVDs, VHS tapes and music CDs. I have two houses and, since we're retired, travel a lot. Having digital versions of my archive allows an ATV1g+eSATA drive and Mini HTPC (Plex)+eSATA drive to travel easily with us.

I, for one, would like to see how you guys automate your video conversion. Do you use a NAS?

Come join me at the HTPC forum section. viewforum.php?f=87

karacho said:
Double Thread deleted dude :lol:
Damn, can't a guy advertise. :( You're such a meanie. :lol:

Tony, I give! How do we draw people to the new HTPC forum section? Can I move threads/posts to the new HTPC forum if they're on topic, like L2M suggested? I don't want to do this without some guidance. AND, I hate to prostitute myself by asking folks in threads in the Buying Advise section to come post their experiences in the HTPC section. (I've already done this once. Sigh.... Oh, yeah, easy Karacho, easy...I know you can hold back :lol: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back