Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've had my system running Lion now for over a year, with 10.7.3, with no problem. I've not made any changes to the system, but recently my network connections have been a little jacked up. I know that there are newer releases, but everything has worked fine until very recently.

My wifi connection cannot automatically connect. I have to manually tell it what network to select no matter what. Fresh boot, waking from sleep, walking into range of a known network, etc. Always have to manually connect.

My bluetooth connection randomly goes out. I just rebooted a bit ago, and when I was in Linux (I have it triple boot), bluetooth worked fine, but booting back into OSX the bluetooth icon on the menubar has a squiggle through it. I know for a while you had to cold boot, but a while back there was a patch that fixed that. Not had a problem since.

My ethernet connection now appears as a wifi connection. If I try to delete and add a new connection, ethernet isn't an option. I get Wifi, PPPoE, VPN, and 6 to 4. If Bluetooth is working, then I get an opption for Bluetooth PAN. Under System Information in the Network Section, it lists Bluetooth DUN as a Bluetooth Modem, Bluetooth PAN as a Ethernet device with BSD device name en1, Wifi as wifi device with en0. Ifconfig doesn't list en1, and if I try to do "ifconfig en1 up" it says no device exists.

What can I do to fix this? Like I said, it just randomly stopped working. The bluetooth stopped in the last couple days, and the ethernet has been a few weeks. The issue with the wifi card started the same time as the ethernet.

Also, how big of a change is it for switching to Mountain Lion? Any caveats or things to worry about?

Also, how big of a change is it for switching to Mountain Lion? Any caveats or things to worry about?

Switching to ML is no big deal. There is already a proven installer and guide for the ProBook 4530s. See the sticky posts in the ML ProBook forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back