Contribute
Register

Network Connection would collapse, then crash the system; on 10.9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on Yosemite and am having the same problem. For me 2.4.14 doesn't work at all. It doesn't even load up.

I extract the pkg from Multibeast using unplug and copy it into /EFI/Clover/kexts

It doesn't seem to get loaded at all :(

EDIT: Is there any tool like Kext Wizard which installs kexts for you checking permissions and doing other sanity checks?

EDIT2: For what it's worth I have an ASUS Z97 Pro with the Intel® I218V ethernet controller.

I'm on Yosemite and am having the same problem. For me 2.4.14 doesn't work at all. It doesn't even load up.

I extract the pkg from Multibeast using unplug and copy it into /EFI/Clover/kexts

It doesn't seem to get loaded at all :(

EDIT: Is there any tool like Kext Wizard which installs kexts for you checking permissions and doing other sanity checks?

EDIT2: For what it's worth I have an ASUS Z97 Pro with the Intel® I218V ethernet controller.
I don't think there is a fix for this yet. I have yet to come across it anyway. I've learned to avoid heady network load on my workstation instead or make the network usage safer to interrupt. For example I use rsync instead of scp for heavy network lifting so that I can resume the transfer in case there is a hang.

I have not run into this issue for a long time now but I'm sure my system is still prone to getting it.

I saw this reply some time ago. Since then I've been waiting for a use case that uses enough bandwidth to cause the network driver to hang. I just managed to get it to do just that so I've disabled TSO and I'm gonna repeat what I was doing to see if it hangs again.

I'll return with results after some stress testing.

Thanks for the tip!

[EDIT]

Still no network hangs after repeating the task that caused my last hang and after that even more bandwidth intensive tasks. It seems to work?

I saw this reply some time ago. Since then I've been waiting for a use case that uses enough bandwidth to cause the network driver to hang. I just managed to get it to do just that so I've disabled TSO and I'm gonna repeat what I was doing to see if it hangs again.

I'll return with results after some stress testing.

Thanks for the tip!

[EDIT]

Still no network hangs after repeating the task that caused my last hang and after that even more bandwidth intensive tasks. It seems to work?

It is a bug of that driver, so yes, disabling TSO will work indefinitely. I never had any hang after that change.
As I wrote, remember to apply it at boot time by modifying the init file.

Had the same problem on OSX 10.9.
Also now on OSX 10.10
Installed AppleIntelE1000e v3.2.4.2 - copied now 110 GB with 90 MB/s avg. without a crash.
(that wasn't possible earlier)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back