Contribute
Register

neilhart's Mac Pro hack Ivy Bridge Refresh - Canceled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: neilhart's Mac Pro hack Ivy Bridge Refresh

Just a note: I have installed Lion 10.7.4 using the Unibeast USB stick method (as described above in my post dated May 18th) using Unibeast 1.3.0 and BridgeHelper 4.0.0. I booted the installer from one of the front USB ports using the "-v GraphicsEnabler=No" argument.

Edit 5/24/2012 added below:

I am very pleased with the progress today. Lion 10.7.4 with the patched kernel is running great. I have switched over to Chameleon-2.1svn-r1955 (from IM) and my boot time from a SATA II SSD is 14 seconds and from a HDD about 20 seconds.

I have not tested all the apps yet but Geekbench, Cenibench, App Store, FireFox, SuperDuper, iTunes (import music and movies; have not tested iPhone or iPad sync yet), and VMWare Fusion v3.1.4 all run as expected.

No KPs. I have not attempted any over clocking or fine tuning memory speed. And not working at this point is iCloud. And for some reason I am having issues with CCC.

Cenibench.jpg

and
i7-3770kGB.jpg

Time to start in on the Mac Pro re-modding.

neil

May 25, 2012 Edit - Note on project cancellation.

I fired up the Mac Pro hack as it has been sitting for some time and I just can not bring myself to tear it down and proceed with the refresh. I really need to find someone that will use it as is. Sorry to lead you all on.

However, I have a complete non-op G5 Power Mac that I purchased recently just waiting for an overhaul. I will open another thread for that build.

neil 5/25/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back