Contribute
Register

Need newbie help with Mojave build

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Audio works on mine perfectly. Have you seen my thread?
2. I Changed my wifi card to an native apple one, so I could have BT.
3. Thats why I installed a RX graphics card so I would not dent my desk even more.
4. Sorry but I dont have anything firewire based.

Well, guys...I really appreciate your help on this project, but I think I’m going to have to abandon it. I’ve come to realize that the hardware I chose is not going to meet my expectations and requirements for what I want to do.

If nothing else, the tips and help you have provided may help someone else who wants to buold withh this hardware.

Thanks again for all your help.

Cant blame you for that. If I knew what I know now, I'd have a mATX (minimum) setup and copied an golden build exactly!!!

First - thanks for all the helpful info here! I have an (almost) identical setup to KSwanner and was experiencing mostly the same issues. I used Thrint's EFI, but I'm still not able to get through the installation. It is rebooting on it's own but it doesn't appear to be advancing past the first phase of installation (on reboot, I have to select language, install, hdd shows the same space, and it starts the countdown from 10min again). Any suggestions?

-Edit-
Think I found where I was going wrong. Thrint mentioned just letting the system reboot during installation and it will select the correct partition. I was doing that and it was rebooting to the USB -starting at step 1. I had to manually select a different partition (install from prebooter or something), after that it seems to be continuing on.

Last edited:
When it reboots and show the clover boot loader are you selecting the internal Mojave disk rather than the external install macOS Mojave?

No worries, I did the same when starting out. Hence why I posted my build experience as I kept forgetting what changes I did and who’s setup I’d used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back