Motherboard
Gigabyte H77m-D3H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi All. At first thanks to the masters for all their work on this great project.
i need help in hackintosh build. I have approximately picked up parameters of the computer but precisely I do not know how much it will be effective to work. I will work as a whole basically with Final Cut
Here parameters of the iron picked up by me:

Motherboard: ASUS P7P55 WS Supercomputer or GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4 (rev. 1.0)
Processor: Intel Core i5-760 Lynnfield (2800MHz, LGA1156, L3 8192Kb)
cooler: GlacialTech F1O1 PWM
Graphics: MSI GeForce GTX 285 680 Mhz PCI-E 2.0
RAM: Kingston KVR1333D3N9 2x4Gb
Case: 3Q Wind Tunnel Black
PSU: OCZ OCZ750FTY 750W
Optical Drive: LG GH22NS50 Black
HDD: Western Digital WD6400AARS - 640 GB
HDD2: Hitachi HDS721010CLA332

I will be grateful, if there will be amendments and councils that concerning the motherboard I can't be defined what best in any way, the same with operative memory. As a whole, the settlement price of the computer approximately 1200$. In advance thanks for the help.

Moved to BUYING ADVICE forum

MOTHERBOARD I would go for Gigabyte.
CPU: Ok.
COOLER: Dont know. If you want a silent cooler Noctua with 120 or 140mm fan or Thermaltake Silver Arrow are two great expensive options. The best on the market, or at the top 5.
GRAPHICS CARD: Dont know if it works. Search in forum.
MEMORY: I would go for at least 1600 MHz. They cost the same as 1333 MHz.
CASE: Not my taste at all.
PSU: Looks unnecessary expensive but will do its job.
OPTICAL DRIVE: Dont know how good the work with wake/sleep in Mac OS X.
HDD: Get a drive with at least 500GB platters. That one has 320GB. Storage?
HDD2: System drive?

Hello,

You should definitely go for the GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD4. But do they still make this model? If you can find one, don't hesitate, it's the best 1156 mobo you'll find for Hackintoshes.

The cooler doesn't look bad, but usually on these boards you'll be advised to buy a Scythe Mugen 2 rev.b. It is very efficient and almost silent.

The GPU is an nVidia one so it should work flawlessly.

I have Kingston RAM in my build, it works well, but go for 1600Mhz as SMHI says.

The case: you're building a Hackintosh, please make it with a little bit of style. Look for an Antec Sonata III or, even better, a Lian Li PC-B20A.

As for the PSU, OCZ is a good brand, but do you really need 750W? Since there's nothing power hungry in your build, 500W should be enough.

Don't go with LG for the ODD: you'll run into problem with sleep. The safest brand/model is the Sony Optiarc.

Your HDD's puzzle me: why two relatively small disks instead of a big one? If you want two disks (say one for System/Apps, the other for your documents), why not considering a 40 or 80 GB SSD for the System and Apps and a good, quick 2TB for your documents (considering you'll use FCP, you'll have a lot of huge files)? You can't imagine the speed improvements you'll get by going SSD for the System and your Apps.

Finally, 1200$ looks a bit expensive for a low-end machine like what you describe. I got a Hackintosh that would outperform it in FCP anyday for 1000€ (± 1350$)

Cheers,
CPL593h

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back