Contribute
Register

Need help with framebuffer patching on Hunsn I9 9880H BM21 mini PC HDMI not working

Motherboard
Hunsn BM21 Desktop Computer
CPU
i9-9880H
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
  4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a working Mini PC with a no-name logic board. I am running Sonoma 14.4.1 on a 2 TB Western digital black NVMe drive, There is 32 GB of ram. I have a second NVMe with Windows 11 Pro. Audio is working with alcid=5. Here is a picture of the machine: Hunsn BM21;
Hunsun MiniPC.jpg

I have installed Ioreg and Hackintool but I am somewhat confused by the patch correction instructions as the Hackintool's windows, which have been changed by Headkaze, the Patching windows look different in Hackintool 4.03, than what is depicted in all the other framebuffer patching guides which use really-old versions of Hackintool, even HeadKaze's last build update posts use older versions. There are only two usable ports on this PC and The HDMI is not functioning, so I had to install it from a display port. I am not sure if the USB C port in front can be used as display output but I believe that will only occur with Thunderbolt so I have no intentions of using it for that purpose, so let us eliminate that for patching purposes. HDMI would display through the full Sonoma Verbose install text, to the installer screen, which then goes black due to the need for the patching correction so it will work properly. Here are screen-prints of Ioreg and Hackintool patch windows on this machine attached as a zip file, The active display port is misrepresented in Hackintool.

Let me know what I need to do to correct index 1 below index 0 to be HDMI. (note both Types for indexes 0 and 1 are incorrect as shown in the unedited Hackintool Connectors Tab.)
HACKINTOOL CONNECTORS TAB 0 IS ACTIVE.png

Attachments

• HACKINTOOL AND IO REG FILES.zip
    990.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
@Edhawk or @etorix or @jaymonkey,
Could you take a look at this and help possibly?
I can supply full Ioreg log and EFI if needed.

1713839240666.png

Note: this model is no longer produced and there is no manual and no driver section, for Windows provided by the OEM. My questions relates to very outdated guides provided here and by Dortania. Hackintool has been revamped and does not match the guides now. You might be able to get some specs off Newegg but I used HWinfo64 to set up EFI for Sonoma.

Last edited:
The actual IOReg file would be more useful than PNG screenshots, as one could browse to see what's there.
From Dortania's guide, to correct the active connector 0 to DP you add under DeviceProperties
PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
framebuffer-patch-enable = 01000000
framebuffer-con0-enable = 01000000
framebuffer-con0-type = 00040000
and to then change con1 to HDMI
framebuffer-con1-enable = 01000000
framebuffer-con1-type = 00080000

Edit: correction

Last edited:
View attachment 581664
Note: this model is no longer produced and there is no manual and no driver section, for Windows provided by the OEM. My questions relates to very outdated guides provided here and by Dortania. Hackintool has been revamped and does not match the guides now. You might be able to get some specs off Newegg but I used HWinfo64 to set up EFI for Sonoma.
it's always some poor excuse with you in regards to the rules here.....

Here is the info for the Hunsn B21 from HWinfo 64 and the full Ioreg file and my EFI serials removed.
MOTHERBAORD INFO BM21.jpg
VIDEO ADAPTER BM21.jpg
Please note: This is a barebone only. A system memory, a storage drive and an operating system are needed to complete this system
Model Number: HUNSN BM21
Material: Aluminum
CPU: Intel® Core i9-9880H Processor (16M Cache, up to 4.80 GHz)
Memory: 2 x SODIMM DDR4-2666, Max. 128GB
Storage: 1 x M.2 2280 SATA / NVME SSD, 1 x M.2 2280 NVME SSD
Expansion: M.2 PCIE WiFi module
Audio Card: ALC892
Network Card: RTL8168/8111/8112 Gigabit LAN
WiFi: 802.11ac 2.4 and 5Ghz
Bluetooth: 4.0/4.2
I/0 Port: DP, HDMI, 6 x USB 3.0, Type C for USB, LAN, Spk, Mic
Dasboot's Imac Zip is full Ioreg file.

Attachments

• Dasboots iMac.zip
    788.7 KB · Views: 2
  • EFI Hunsn B21.zip
    27.6 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
The actual IOReg file would be more useful than PNG screenshots, as one could browse to see what's there.
From Dortania's guide, to correct the active connector 0 to DP you add under DeviceProperties

and to then change con1 to HDMI
The full IOreg file is attached again here.

Attachments

• Dasboots iMac.zip
    788.7 KB · Views: 2
Thanks.
The bus-IDs in IOReg do not match what is listed by Hackintool. I would suggest to just leave Hackintool aside and use only the Dortania guide to patch, using IORegistryExplorer to see where display# objects appear as you plug a HDMI cable. Note that the USB-C port could work without Thunderbolt if Display Port Alt mode is implemented, and no further patching should be required since all frambuffers are currently set to DP (00040000).

Back