Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
  2. iMac
  3. LC
  4. Performa
  5. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I wanted to turn this little one in to a full hackintosh Mojave 10.14.6, but had a lot of problems doing so.
I get a "No Sign" every time the loader gets to apfs_module_start:1393
Can anyone help?
Description:
ASUS VivoBook 14 X420UA
Intel Core i5 8250U
HD Graphics 620
8 GB LPDDR3-2133
Sandisk M.2 SSD 128GB
WIFI DW1820A Bluetooth 4.1 M.2
SOUND REALTEK
I tried the laptop installation guide here, also I tried:
[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+
Asus Vivobook S510UA BQ414T Running Mac OS X 10.14
Tonymacx86 booting the os x installer on laptops with clover
I made the installer in all the ways I know, using unibeast, manually, changing the clover folder. Adding kext,
At this moment I'm updating the bios and downgrading it to see if I find a version that works.

If you have any idea, please let me know. I have created 2 versions of the EFI folder.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 204
  • EFI 2.zip
    138 bytes · Views: 121
Last edited:
Moved to Mojave Laptop Support.

I wanted to turn this little one in to a full hackintosh Mojave 10.14.6, but had a lot of problems doing so.
I get a "No Sign" every time the loader gets to apfs_module_start:1393
Can anyone help?
Description:
ASUS VivoBook 14 X420UA
Intel Core i5 8250U
HD Graphics 620
8 GB LPDDR3-2133
Sandisk M.2 SSD 128GB
WIFI DW1820A Bluetooth 4.1 M.2
SOUND REALTEK
I tried the laptop installation guide here, also I tried:
[Guide][New VoodooI2C] Asus Vivobook S15 X510UAR 10.13+
Asus Vivobook S510UA BQ414T Running Mac OS X 10.14
Tonymacx86 booting the os x installer on laptops with clover
I made the installer in all the ways I know, using unibeast, manually, changing the clover folder. Adding kext,
At this moment I'm updating the bios and downgrading it to see if I find a version that works.

If you have any idea, please let me know. I have created 2 versions of the EFI folder.

HI Could you please tell me how you made a bootable USB. I am having trouble making on and actually installing osx on this laptop. thanks

EDIT, PLEASE NOTE: For my mistake I'm not referring this post, but this one (then that EFI file 36 mb): https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/install-any-mac-os-on-asus-vivobook-14-x420u.288821/page-2

Hi to all,
same laptop here.
  • Created Unibeast (Mojave and also Catalina)
  • Copied Kexts and ACPI Origin files to the EFI Clover Dongle (the one posted by @bearloverpr)
  • Copied SSDT-EC.aml to ACPI Patched folder (Catalina only, Mojane should not need it)
  • Installed succesfully both Mojave and Catalina
Then I installed Multibeast with many drivers and copying again the above files to EFI in HD.

Results:

• Mojave: Perfect boot always, lack webcam, audio and wifi. I have not tested sd card reader. Installed tp-link dongle t4u with original driver and it works as expected.
  • Catalina: Sometimes reboot at booting time (almost immediately, 1 time every 10 boot), I must explore why. Lack of webcam, audio and wifi and Catalina also add lack of power management and battery on screen. Tp-Link t4u has not drivers for catalina so I installed Wireless USB Adapter Clover 15 from GitHub and now is working as expected (but only after Multibeast).
For my needs I need to be able to enable audio but not AplleALC, Lilu and generic VOODOO work. Hope someone should help, many thanks.

Last edited:
Hi to all,
same laptop here.
  • Created Unibeast (Mojave and also Catalina)
  • Copied Kexts and ACPI Origin files to the EFI Clover Dongle (the one posted by @bearloverpr)
  • Copied SSDT-EC.aml to ACPI Patched folder (Catalina only, Mojane should not need it)
  • Installed succesfully both Mojave and Catalina
Then I installed Multibeast with many drivers and copying again the above files to EFI in HD.

Results:

• Mojave: Perfect boot always, lack webcam, audio and wifi. I have not tested sd card reader. Installed tp-link dongle t4u with original driver and it works as expected.
  • Catalina: Sometimes reboot at booting time (almost immediately, 1 time every 10 boot), I must explore why. Lack of webcam, audio and wifi and Catalina also add lack of power management and battery on screen. Tp-Link t4u has not drivers for catalina so I installed Wireless USB Adapter Clover 15 from GitHub and now is working as expected (but only after Multibeast).
For my needs I need to be able to enable audio but not AplleALC, Lilu and generic VOODOO work. Hope someone should help, many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back